1. Not finding help here? Sign up for a free 30min tutor trial with Chegg Tutors
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Looking for a Leg Up

1. Dec 3, 2008 #1
    I've been thinking for the longest time about switching from EET to EE and I've finally decided to do it. It just seems as though EEs have more options, and I want to take advantage of that.

To switch majors and cut a year off of my school time though, I'm going to need to take some summer classes. I realize that I could've done them at the beginning of the semester, but it's too late for that now. These classes are going to be covered over a period of 12 weeks:

Calc I & II
    Physics I & II

I'm worried about it; obviously it would be rather intensive for anyone, but I think I could do it.

I'll have taken a three credit Calc by that point, and some algebra based physics (laughable to some, I know) so that might be of use. What I'm looking for is some material on the internet that I could use to teach myself the material. I don't expect to learn it all on my own, but it's better then going in cold.

Given help from you all, hopefully I'll be able to do it! :smile:
  2. jcsd
  3. Dec 5, 2008 #2
    I am not sure about your university, but I know at my undergrad, summer courses were a joke. I took a few and received an easy A. I would be cautious to take courses that you will later build upon. Try to get some of your electives out of the way and save your calcs/physics for a regular semester.
Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Have something to add?