Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Looking for a Leg Up

1. Dec 3, 2008 #1
    I've been thinking for the longest time about switching from EET to EE and I've finally decided to do it. It just seems as though EEs have more options, and I want to take advantage of that.

To switch majors and cut a year off of my school time though, I'm going to need to take some summer classes. I realize that I could've done them at the beginning of the semester, but it's too late for that now. These classes are going to be covered over a period of 12 weeks:

Calc I & II
    Physics I & II

I'm worried about it; obviously it would be rather intensive for anyone, but I think I could do it.

I'll have taken a three credit Calc by that point, and some algebra based physics (laughable to some, I know) so that might be of use. What I'm looking for is some material on the internet that I could use to teach myself the material. I don't expect to learn it all on my own, but it's better then going in cold.

Given help from you all, hopefully I'll be able to do it! :smile:

2. jcsd
  3. Dec 5, 2008 #2
    I am not sure about your university, but I know at my undergrad, summer courses were a joke. I took a few and received an easy A. I would be cautious to take courses that you will later build upon. Try to get some of your electives out of the way and save your calcs/physics for a regular semester.

Share this great discussion with others via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook