1. Limited time only! Sign up for a free 30min personal tutor trial with Chegg Tutors
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Looking for a summer internship

1. May 24, 2014 #1
    I'm looking for a summer internship but I don't really know what to expect. I don't have a degree, I'm still finishing my D.E.C (2 year science program in Quebec that comes inbetween grade 11 and uni) and I probably have the knowledge equivalent of a 1-2 semester-in undergraduate in the US. I'm interested in physics and I was thinking about taking the opportunity this summer to do something related to that. I was going to post something on craigslist and see if anything comes up. I could MIO one of my physics teachers but I have no idea if they are even involved in any kind of physics related work. I think CEGEP is somewhat similar to a community college in the US, except it's a required stage before uni.

Does anyone know of some kind of work or have any advice about what I could do to get some experience this summer? I apologize for coming off so naive, I'm just wondering about some different possible things I could do this summer.

2. jcsd
  3. May 24, 2014 #2
    I know you're new to this, but...

You are very very late to be looking for a summer internship right now. Your search should have begun in February or March at the latest.

I am not as familiar with opportunities in Canada, so I don't think I can be of much help there. If you manage to find summer work of any sort I think you ought to be grateful. Sorry...

4. May 24, 2014 #3
    Ya I had a feeling this was the case, I was just making sure I considered everything.

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook