Tutor Needed: 10th Grader Seeks Science Professor

In summary, a 10th grader is looking for a science tutor with extensive knowledge, preferably a college or university professor, to provide mini lectures and hands-on activities for about an hour each weekend. They believe this will make them a well-rounded scholar. A suggestion is made to consider online or community college courses instead, as they may be more challenging and cost-effective, and can also provide college credit. The idea of finding a tutor through a university or posting an ad in a university newspaper is also mentioned.
MagnusBane^2
Hello everyone! I am a 10th Grader but quite frankly,I know almost everything that my teacher has been teaching us and it's starting to bore me. I'm looking for someone with whom has had extensive knowledge in science- preferably a college science professor or a university professor whom can educate me. I'm not talking about extensive lecture but a mini lecture and that will give me something that I can research or do hands-on. I'm only asking for about a one hour each weekend and that can give me an educated feedback on Essay about the subject that I was given. I'm sorry for asking a lot from someone here but I believe that I should be a well rounded Scholar.

Physics news on Phys.org
I would suggest you consider an Online or local Community College course in a subject that interests you. That may ultimately challenge you more and cost less than a personal tutor.

The Online option of class can often be extended up to a year, which would equal about an hour or so a day (chances are you would finish in 3-5 months at this rate).

And you would have one class of college credit to show for it. That may even help if you plan to attend a selective college in the future.

Likes berkeman
MagnusBane^2 said:
Hello everyone! I am a 10th Grader but quite frankly,I know almost everything that my teacher has been teaching us and it's starting to bore me. I'm looking for someone with whom has had extensive knowledge in science- preferably a college science professor or a university professor whom can educate me. I'm not talking about extensive lecture but a mini lecture and that will give me something that I can research or do hands-on. I'm only asking for about a one hour each weekend and that can give me an educated feedback on Essay about the subject that I was given. I'm sorry for asking a lot from someone here but I believe that I should be a well rounded Scholar.

Welcome to the PF.

Do you have a university near you? If so, you could post in the Student Union that you are looking for the kind of tutor you mention. Or you could put a small ad in the university newspaper... :smile:

Welcome to PF. This tutor match making is beyond the scope of Physics Forums. You can learn a lot just by browsing here and asking questions :)

What subjects do you specialize in as a science professor?

As a science professor, I specialize in biology, chemistry, physics, and environmental science. I have a broad understanding of all major scientific disciplines, but these are my areas of expertise.

What are your qualifications as a science professor?

I have a PhD in biology, with a focus on genetics and molecular biology. I also have multiple years of experience teaching science at the university level and conducting research in my field.

How do you approach teaching science to high school students?

I believe in making science accessible and engaging for all students. I use a combination of hands-on experiments, real-world examples, and interactive discussions to help students understand complex scientific concepts.

What is your availability for tutoring a 10th grader?

I have a flexible schedule and am available to tutor your 10th grader in the afternoons and evenings during the week, as well as on weekends. I can accommodate any schedule changes that may arise.

What is your tutoring style and approach?

My tutoring style is tailored to the individual needs of each student. I first assess their strengths and weaknesses, and then create a personalized plan to help them improve their understanding and performance in science. I also focus on building critical thinking and problem-solving skills to prepare students for future academic success.