Looking for abroad admission for Ph.d. in physics?

In summary: Overall, your English language skills and publication in a reputed journal will be valuable assets in your application. However, since your postgraduate percentage is only 66%, it may be best to focus on universities that are not top-ranked. Good luck with your search and studies!In summary, the person is from India and has completed their masters in physics with a 78% undergraduate score and 66% postgraduate score. They are looking for abroad universities, preferably in Europe, to pursue further studies in theoretical condensed matter physics. They have published work in a reputed journal and are seeking suggestions for good universities, not necessarily top-ranked ones. Some suggestions include universities in the UK, Switzerland, Netherlands, Spain, Italy, Sweden, Germany, and Poland
rem
Hi,
I'm from India and have completed my msters in physics. I've scored 78% in my U.G. and 66% in P.G. My english language skill is fairly good. Could you Plz. suggest any abroad universities where i can apply for my further studies (preferably Europe but other places are equally welcome). And last bit of information I've published work in a reputed journal titled "density excitations of a harmonically trapped ideal gas". My area of interest is theoretical condensed matter physics.
Plz. do suggest me some abroad universities and preferably not some top universities b'coz I'm fully aware since my P.G. percentage is only 66% i cannot get into top b schools so please. suggest for me some good c or d grade universities.

Physics news on Phys.org
Thanks in advance.There are many universities in Europe that offer programs in theoretical condensed matter physics. Here are some suggestions: 1. University of Oxford, UK2. Imperial College London, UK 3. University of Cambridge, UK 4. ETH Zurich, Switzerland 5. University of Amsterdam, Netherlands 6. University of Barcelona, Spain 7. Sapienza University of Rome, Italy 8. University of Gothenburg, Sweden 9. Technical University of Munich, Germany 10. University of Warsaw, Poland You may also want to consider other countries such as Canada, Australia, and New Zealand.

Hello,

Thank you for reaching out about your interest in pursuing a Ph.D. in physics abroad. I understand the importance of finding the right university for your research interests and academic background.

Based on the information you have provided, I would recommend looking into universities in Europe such as the University of Amsterdam, University of Copenhagen, or University of Helsinki. These universities have strong programs in theoretical condensed matter physics and may be a good fit for your academic background.

It is important to note that universities have varying admission requirements, and it is best to check the specific requirements for each university you are interested in. While your undergraduate and postgraduate percentages may not meet the requirements for some top universities, you may still have a chance at being accepted to a strong program at a mid-tier university.

Additionally, your publication in a reputed journal is a great accomplishment and will strengthen your application. I would also suggest reaching out to professors or researchers in your field of interest at these universities to inquire about potential research opportunities.

Overall, I would encourage you to apply to a mix of universities, including mid-tier and top-tier, to increase your chances of acceptance. I wish you all the best in your academic journey.

1. What are the eligibility criteria for abroad admission for Ph.D. in physics?

The eligibility criteria for abroad admission for Ph.D. in physics may vary depending on the university or country you are applying to. However, in general, you will need a relevant master's degree in physics or a related field, a strong academic record, and proficiency in the language of instruction.

2. What are the application requirements for abroad admission for Ph.D. in physics?

The application requirements for abroad admission for Ph.D. in physics typically include a completed application form, academic transcripts, letters of recommendation, a statement of purpose, and standardized test scores (such as the GRE). Some universities may also require a research proposal or writing sample.

3. Is it necessary to have research experience for abroad admission for Ph.D. in physics?

Having research experience can strengthen your application for abroad admission for Ph.D. in physics, but it is not always a requirement. If you do not have prior research experience, you may be able to gain some through internships or independent study projects during your master's program.

4. How do I find potential universities for abroad admission for Ph.D. in physics?

There are various ways to find potential universities for abroad admission for Ph.D. in physics. You can start by researching the top universities in your field of interest, checking their admission requirements and faculty profiles. You can also attend international education fairs or consult with education consultants who specialize in overseas education.

5. Are there any scholarships or funding opportunities for abroad admission for Ph.D. in physics?

Yes, there are various scholarships and funding opportunities available for students pursuing a Ph.D. in physics abroad. These can be offered by the university, government organizations, or private foundations. It is essential to research and apply for these opportunities early on in your application process.