Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Looking for BASIC dowload

1. Aug 23, 2011 #1
    So where can I find a nice, safe, free, downloadable version of BASIC for Windows 7?

2. jcsd
  3. Aug 23, 2011 #2

DavidSnider

Gold Member

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 26, 2017
  4. Aug 24, 2011 #3
  5. Aug 26, 2011 #4
    Thanks guys, I'll check them both out.

6. Aug 26, 2011 #5
    BTW if all you're looking for is a really nice scripting language, you might consider python. All free, redistributable, very easy to learn like JavaScript or VB, runs on any of the main operating systems, very popular with tons of libraries, tons of examples and docs on the web, busy support forums, and excellent simple self-documenting syntax (yet similar to other standard languages). You can write anything from a simple clean script to a complicated object oriented program. I highly recommend it for novices and experts, alike. Its not at all wordy like java, nor is its style weird like scala (those are good languages but they aren't for the faint at heart). Once you get interested you can get the Eclipse IDE with the PyDev plugin to debug, etc.

Last edited: Aug 26, 2011
  7. Aug 27, 2011 #6

chiro

Science Advisor

You can use QB64 for a 64 bit platform running windows:

http://www.qb64.net/

8. Aug 29, 2011 #7
    Thanks. Sorry I'm not responding more quickly. For some reason I'm not getting notices for this thread.

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook