Books on Biochemical Techniques: Theory & Practice Under $100

• Thread starter rockind78
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Books
In summary, the conversation is about someone looking for books on techniques used in biochemistry and molecular biology, with an emphasis on theory rather than protocol. They mention a few books they already have and ask for recommendations from others. The desired price range is under $100.
rockind78
Perhaps this will be of use to other people as well.
I am looking for a book or books that basically consists of
techniques used and currently in use in the field of biochemistry
and molecular biology with an emphasis on theory and NOT protocol. I will start, as I do have one good one, but I am looking for more. Monique, if you are reading this, I think you would be especially interested in this book.:

"Biochemical Techniques: Theory and Practice
John F. Robyt and Bernard J. White
ISBN:0-88133-556-8

Almost forgot, let's try to keep a cap on the cost (IE. $100 US or less)

Last edited:
Biology news on Phys.org
Human Molecular Genetics
by Tom Strachan and Andrew P. Read

Molecular Biotechnology:
principles and applications of recombinant DNA
by Bernard R. Glick and Jack J. Pasternak

Practical Skills in Biomolecular Sciences
by Reed et al.

Genomes
by T.A. Brown

Are some practically oriented books on my shelf.. o my.. time for me to make an inventory.. haven't seen these books in a long time :P

Thank you for sharing your search for books on biochemical techniques. I believe that this information will definitely be useful for others who are looking for similar resources. I have also come across the book "Biochemical Techniques: Theory and Practice" by John F. Robyt and Bernard J. White. It seems to be a comprehensive guide on various biochemical techniques and concepts, with an emphasis on theory rather than just protocols. I appreciate you mentioning the cost limit as well, as it can be challenging to find affordable resources in this field. I will definitely keep an eye out for any other books that fit your criteria and share them here. Thank you again for sharing your find and helping others in their search for relevant resources.

1. What topics are covered in "Books on Biochemical Techniques: Theory & Practice Under $100"?

The book covers topics such as basic principles of biochemistry, laboratory techniques, and instrumentation used in biochemical research. It also includes sections on protein purification, enzyme assays, and nucleic acid analysis.

2. Are there any practical exercises or experiments included in the book?

Yes, the book includes practical exercises and experiments that are designed to help readers understand and apply the techniques discussed in the text. These exercises are accompanied by step-by-step instructions and illustrations to aid in the learning process.

3. Is this book suitable for beginners in the field of biochemistry?

Yes, this book is suitable for beginners as it covers the basic principles and techniques used in biochemistry. The language used is easy to understand and the practical exercises provide hands-on learning experience.

4. Are there any online resources or supplementary materials available for this book?

Yes, the book comes with access to online resources and supplementary materials such as videos, interactive quizzes, and additional practice exercises. These resources are designed to enhance the learning experience and provide additional support for readers.

5. Is this book appropriate for self-study or is it better suited for use in a classroom setting?

This book can be used for both self-study and in a classroom setting. It is designed to be a comprehensive guide for individuals interested in learning about biochemical techniques, and it can also be used as a textbook for undergraduate or graduate courses in biochemistry.