1. Not finding help here? Sign up for a free 30min tutor trial with Chegg Tutors
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Looking For Comprehensive Works on the Lives of Copernicus and Galileo

1. Jan 20, 2008 #1
    I'm in need of some help here regarding works on the lives and thought of Copernicus and Galileo. Specifically I'm looking for books that would survey each of their contributions to science while also devoting a similar amount of time to how each of them influenced scientific inquiry at that time, what implications their ideas had for those societies, conflicts with the Catholic Church, conflicts with political leaders, etc.

Basically I'm looking for books that do for Copernicus and Galileo what The Duty of Genius did for Wittgenstein.

Any help at all here would be greatly appreciated as I really have no idea where to start from.

Thanks everyone.

Last edited: Jan 20, 2008
  2. jcsd
Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Can you help with the solution or looking for help too?
Draft saved Draft deleted