1. Limited time only! Sign up for a free 30min personal tutor trial with Chegg Tutors
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Looking for help (High school student)

1. Jun 8, 2010 #1
    Hi
    New user in these forums, but I have visited these pages before.
    I am a highschool student (junior) just looking for help/advice in terms of what i want to do in the future.
    I am really interested in Physics/math. I have a passion for learning and giving myself a challenge. Currently enrolled in regular physics, calculus A and the recommended/necessary courses. As of right now I have Calculus BC, Physics C and a whole bunch of AP classes lined up for next year. (cannot wait). I am taking these courses just to challenge myself and see where I land.
    Now to get to the point. I am really interested in being a Physicist or an Engineer. Though, I am torn between the two. I guess it's because of the lack of knowledge I know of the two fields and what people do in them.
    So, for starters where should I start? Are the courses I am taking good enough?
    I also took my ACT, got a 29, though not pleased. I think I can do better :). Is this score good enough to obtain a good education ( i mean a good college)?
    Sorry for the lack of precision in terms of interest, just want to know whether I am thinking along the right lines.
    Any help is welcome!

2. jcsd
Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Can you offer guidance or do you also need help?
Draft saved Draft deleted