Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Looking for Image Compresssion Demonstration Applet

1. Sep 18, 2012 #1
    Hello All,

I hope I'm in the correct category, please let me know if I'm not. I'm looking for an applet on the web that I came across a few years ago. It demonstrated the basics of image compression by letting the user select from various transforms (DCT, some form of wavelet, a couple I can't remember) and clip off a portion of the transform 'image'. It would then show the reconstructed image to demonstrate how the loss of information affected the output.

I know there are a few that are similar to this, but that was the only one that I've come across that allowed a choice amongst different types of transforms. One of them even involved some sort of 'random' decomposition.

For the life of me I can't find it so I was wondering if anyone knows which one I'm talking about (or even "I think I remember that...") I'd really appreciate any info.

Thanks.

2. jcsd
Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Can you offer guidance or do you also need help?
Draft saved Draft deleted