Looking for latest info on a few topics

• Thread starter sero
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Topics
In summary, the individual is looking for information on singularities and their connection to travel in space, as well as the math involved in understanding black holes and singularities. They are also curious about any recent advancements in achieving or surpassing the speed of light, but note that many experiments claiming to do so do not actually violate relativity.
sero
Hi
I found these forums by accident but I'm happy I did because I'm always ready to talk physics.I am not a phyiscs major or in that field, I did take it in high school and have read some books on relativity and some Hawkins books. I'm looking for the latest information on a few topics..

1. Singularities - what's the latest on these and where can i find some good info that can give me a solid backround on these and specifically how they tie into traveling long distances in space ?

2. what kind of math is involved with understanding how singularities and black holes function and how what they are made of ?

3. Has there been any work done with achieving or passing the speed of light recently ? A colleage of mine just told me this had been done.

I know these are very general but physics is my passion and I can't find any good material on these topics. I figured users here could save me countless hours of time looking.

thanks

S

Last edited:
Physics news on Phys.org
Originally posted by sero
3. Has there been any work done with achieving or passing the speed of light recently ? A colleage of mine just told me this had been done.

what has been done? achieving or passing?

2. what kind of math is involved with understanding how singularities and black holes function and how what they are made of ?
diff. geom. (tensors with diff. eqs.), from what I have seen.

1. Singularities - what's the latest on these and where can i find some good info that can give me a solid backround on these and specifically how they tie into traveling long distances in space ?

Singularities probably can't be used to travel long distances in space. Are you thinking of wormholes?

I don't know of any good review articles on singularity research, so you'll probably have to be more specific.

Differential geometry and topology.

There are lots of experiments that claim, in some form or another, to demonstrate "faster than light" phenomena. But none of these actually violate relativity; it all boils down to what you mean by "faster than light"

What are the latest developments in climate change research?

As a scientist, I am constantly keeping up with the latest research on climate change. Currently, some of the most talked about developments include the increasing levels of greenhouse gases in the atmosphere, the impacts of rising sea levels and extreme weather events, and the need for urgent action to mitigate the effects of climate change.

What is the current understanding of the COVID-19 pandemic?

The COVID-19 pandemic is an ongoing global health crisis caused by the novel coronavirus. Scientists are constantly researching and studying the virus to better understand its transmission, symptoms, and potential treatments. As of now, the most effective way to prevent the spread of COVID-19 is to follow recommended guidelines such as wearing masks, social distancing, and frequent hand washing.

What are the latest advancements in renewable energy technology?

Renewable energy technology is constantly evolving and improving. Some of the latest advancements include the development of more efficient solar panels, advancements in wind turbine design, and the use of artificial intelligence to optimize energy usage. These advancements are crucial in transitioning to a more sustainable and environmentally-friendly energy system.

What is the current state of research on cancer treatment?

Cancer research is a constantly evolving field with new developments and breakthroughs happening all the time. Currently, some of the most promising areas of research include immunotherapy, precision medicine, and targeted therapies. These advancements offer hope for more effective and personalized treatments for cancer patients.

What are the latest findings in neuroscience?

Neuroscience is a broad and constantly expanding field, encompassing the study of the brain, nervous system, and their functions. Some of the latest findings in neuroscience include the role of genetics in neurological disorders, the impact of stress on brain function, and the potential for brain-computer interfaces to enhance human capabilities. This research has the potential to greatly improve our understanding of the brain and its complexities.