1. Limited time only! Sign up for a free 30min personal tutor trial with Chegg Tutors
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Looking for math/physics/engineering people who ware interested in the biomechanics a

1. Jan 12, 2008 #1
    Looking for math/physics people interested in the running biomechanics

Are there any other math/physics/engineering runners out there who are interested in collaborating on an effort to understand their own running performance by using a mathematical model known as the Spring Mass (SM) Model (1). It treats the runner as a single mass bouncing on a pair of spring-like legs, similar to pogo sticks (2). There have been a few papers verifying the model and demonstrating that it does model a runner’s performance.

If you have a mathematical background, understand Newton’s and Euler’s equations, know a little bit about Kunge-Kutta and have some understanding of the Langrangian formulation and equations of motion, please send me an email at tjacmc@aol.com. It might be interesting to see what insights we can come up with together.

Ted Andresen

(1) http://members.aol.com/tjacmc/SpringMass.jpg
    (2) http://members.aol.com/EasyExperiments/GaitCycle/GaitCycle.gif

Last edited: Jan 12, 2008
  2. jcsd
  3. Jul 14, 2008 #2
    Re: Looking for math/physics/engineering people who ware interested in the biomechani

hey
    i live in brazil and i'm doing a theses in physiotherapy and i would like to use your picture of gait cycle, if you don't mind. but i can't get it open! if you can, please send me! i wouldn't know how to thank you
    see you soon!
    love,
    julia

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook