Looking for music

• Thread starter Sophia
  • Start date

Main Question or Discussion Point

So I'd like to listen to some music but the fact is I only know a few interprets. I've never been a music fan but I feel like listening to some damn good music when I get home this evening.
I'm looking for something with a nice melody, easy to listen to, but also meaningful words. It would be great if the singer had a special, uncommon kind of voice. But that is not obligatory :-)
It can also be modern instrumental.
General mood should be calm or joyful, not depressing or aggressive. It can be pop-ish or rock-ish. I'm not against melodic metal either.
Any language is fine.
Any ideas?

Answers and Replies

Well I'll always recommend Pink Floyd for relaxing: Dark Side of the Moon, Animals, and Wish You Were Here are excellent albums.

I find blues to be pretty chill music as well. Eat a Peach by The Allman Brothers or Couldn't Stand the Weather by Stevie Ray Vaughan, for example.

Finally, if you're feeling a little jazzy or experimental, try Kind of Blue or B?tches Brew by Miles Davis. I must admit the latter is on the odd side, but I love it. I consider them to be good, relaxing albums, but certainly not everyone's cup of tea.

Nidum
Science Advisor
Gold Member

How about:

And:

Hope you like these!

Thank you everyone, gonna try them all tonight. :-)