Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Looking for music

1. Feb 26, 2016 #1
    So I'd like to listen to some music but the fact is I only know a few interprets. I've never been a music fan but I feel like listening to some damn good music when I get home this evening.
    I'm looking for something with a nice melody, easy to listen to, but also meaningful words. It would be great if the singer had a special, uncommon kind of voice. But that is not obligatory :-)
    It can also be modern instrumental.
    General mood should be calm or joyful, not depressing or aggressive. It can be pop-ish or rock-ish. I'm not against melodic metal either.
    Any language is fine.
    Any ideas?

2. jcsd
  3. Feb 26, 2016 #2
    Well I'll always recommend Pink Floyd for relaxing: Dark Side of the Moon, Animals, and Wish You Were Here are excellent albums.

I find blues to be pretty chill music as well. Eat a Peach by The Allman Brothers or Couldn't Stand the Weather by Stevie Ray Vaughan, for example.

Finally, if you're feeling a little jazzy or experimental, try Kind of Blue or B?tches Brew by Miles Davis. I must admit the latter is on the odd side, but I love it. I consider them to be good, relaxing albums, but certainly not everyone's cup of tea.

4. Feb 26, 2016 #3

Don't take my man! :smile:

5. Feb 26, 2016 #4

Nidum

Science Advisor
    Gold Member

6. Feb 26, 2016 #5
    How about:

And:

Hope you like these!

7. Feb 26, 2016 #6
    Thank you everyone, gonna try them all tonight. :-)

8. Feb 26, 2016 #7

fresh_42

Staff: Mentor

Actually all of her:

9. Feb 26, 2016 #8

Evo

Staff: Mentor

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook