Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Looking for resources on asymptotic notation/analysis

1. Nov 15, 2013 #1

LoA

Hello all,

I've come across big and little o notation a few times now in my mathematics studies, but only ever on a single homework assignment ("use taylor series to find the limit," that kind of thing) or a brief mention in a textbook. However, one of my instructors suggested in office hours recently that it was an extremely important tool. I'm looking for resources, especially practice problems, on using and manipulating asymptotic notation in a general context. I am also currently taking a first course in analysis and would be interested in any materials applying asymptotic notation to that subject. If there was a calculus-textbook style book over nothing but this subject that would be awesome, but I honestly don't even know what search terms to use to look for this. Thanks for any and all advice you good people might have.

2. jcsd
Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Can you offer guidance or do you also need help?
Draft saved Draft deleted