1. Not finding help here? Sign up for a free 30min tutor trial with Chegg Tutors
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Looking for schools

1. Feb 22, 2007 #1
    Is there any non-US-based institution I could apply to that offers a respectable and comprehensive math degree, and whose language of instruction is English? A place whose deadline hasn't yet passed?
  2. jcsd
  3. Feb 22, 2007 #2

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor

Do you want to start study in September/October 2007? If so, I think the deadline for all UK universities is last December/early January -- I can't say anything about other countries though.
  4. Feb 22, 2007 #3
    Yeah I'm aware of the fact that the deadlines in the UK have already passed, and yes, I'm applying for entry in the fall. I'm just after a respectable math degree taught somewhere, in English.
    Last edited: Feb 22, 2007
  5. Feb 22, 2007 #4
    Deadlines for University places are never fully set-in-stone. If theres an institution in the UK that you'd like to consider applying to, theres no harm in emailing their respective admissions department - if there's places left on the course then there's no reason you couldn't be considered. Otherwise there's the 'clearing' programme, where they make available the places of those who didn't achieve the necessary grades after provisional acceptance.

Other than that, I'm afraid my knowledge is limited.
Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Have something to add?