What was that addictive game with marbles and custom paths?

• Thread starter Sadpanda
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Software
In summary, the conversation discusses a game where the player designs a path for a marble to reach the finish line using ropes and gears. The game is described as addictive and the person is looking for the name of the game. Suggestions are given such as SpacePhysics, Armadillo run, and Fantastic Contraption. The person finally remembers the game's name, Armadillo Run, and thanks the other person for their help.
Sadpanda
Hi, taking a chance here... i recently played a game. This game involved you starting out with a marble in 3d space, and u had to design a path for it to reach a finish line, with ropes/gears/what have you... i was HOOKED, but i don't remember what its called...=/ any help would be appreciated

Engineering news on Phys.org
Did you play it on your Android phone?
I have a game called SpacePhysics there, and it about fits your description...

There's a physics-based puzzle game called Armadillo run which was pretty addictive and fun. Also, there's a web-based flash game called Fantastic Contraption that's pretty addictive, but it's 2-D.

ARMADILLO RUN, that was it! thank you very much

The game you are describing sounds like "Marble Madness" or "Marble Run." Both of these games involve designing a path for a marble to reach a goal using various obstacles and tools. It is not uncommon for individuals to become addicted to games like these due to their challenging and strategic nature. I can say that this type of game can be beneficial for improving problem-solving skills and spatial reasoning abilities. However, it is important to limit screen time and take breaks to avoid excessive use and potential addiction.

1. What factors should I consider when looking for software?

When looking for software, it is important to consider the specific needs and goals of your project or research. Other factors to consider include the software's compatibility with your operating system, cost, user-friendliness, and customer support.

2. How do I determine which software is the best fit for my project?

The best way to determine which software is the best fit for your project is to first identify your specific requirements and research different options that meet those requirements. It can also be helpful to read reviews and seek recommendations from colleagues or experts in your field.

3. Is open-source software a good option for scientific research?

Open-source software can be a great option for scientific research as it is often freely available and allows for customization and collaboration. However, it's important to carefully evaluate the credibility and reliability of the source code before using it for important research projects.

4. What are some potential risks of using software in scientific research?

Some potential risks of using software in scientific research include compatibility issues, data loss, security vulnerabilities, and potential errors or biases in the software. It's important to thoroughly test and validate any software used for research purposes.

5. How can I stay updated on new software developments and updates?

To stay updated on new software developments and updates, you can follow software developers and companies on social media, sign up for their newsletters, or attend conferences and workshops related to your research field. Additionally, regularly checking online forums and communities for discussions about software can also provide valuable insights and updates.