1. Limited time only! Sign up for a free 30min personal tutor trial with Chegg Tutors
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Looking for Tensor and DFT e-print

1. Mar 28, 2003 #1
    Someone helps me !
    I'm looking for where I can download free e-print about Tensor Calculus and Density Functional Theory . I want to teach myself.

Thank you very much .

2. jcsd
  3. Mar 29, 2003 #2
    While I can't help with learning tensor calculus (I learned my tensors in class and through a number of agonizing problems), I can offer some help with DFT.

http://www.arxiv.org/abs/physics/9806013 A somewhat short intro to DFT. I will say if you're interested in a more thorough treatment, more modern applications of DFT, or a combination thereof you'll have to dig up the references mentioned. There is a reason why entire books on DFT have been written. A nice little book on electronic structure calculations that I happen to really like is Methods of Electronic Structure Calculations by Michael Springborg. It goes over both physics-oriented and chemistry-oriented methods, unlike some texts which only cover one or the other in any kind of detail.

I will say as an additional note that a great deal of DFT literature has been published since the mid 1980s and you can find quite a bit online in journal archives if you have access.

Good luck with DFT and may your experience be less traumatic than mine trying to learn it. :)

Added after edit: I should have remembered this intro to DFT by Burke and his group at Rutgers. You can find it http://dft.rutgers.edu/kieron/beta/index.html in PDF and PS format, along with a link to the Nobel lectures presented on DFT a few years back.

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 20, 2017
Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook