Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Looking for Tensor and DFT e-print

1. Mar 28, 2003 #1
    Someone helps me !
    I'm looking for where I can download free e-print about Tensor Calculus and Density Functional Theory . I want to teach myself.

Thank you very much .
  2. jcsd
  3. Mar 29, 2003 #2
    While I can't help with learning tensor calculus (I learned my tensors in class and through a number of agonizing problems), I can offer some help with DFT.

http://www.arxiv.org/abs/physics/9806013 A somewhat short intro to DFT. I will say if you're interested in a more thorough treatment, more modern applications of DFT, or a combination thereof you'll have to dig up the references mentioned. There is a reason why entire books on DFT have been written. A nice little book on electronic structure calculations that I happen to really like is Methods of Electronic Structure Calculations by Michael Springborg. It goes over both physics-oriented and chemistry-oriented methods, unlike some texts which only cover one or the other in any kind of detail.

I will say as an additional note that a great deal of DFT literature has been published since the mid 1980s and you can find quite a bit online in journal archives if you have access.

Good luck with DFT and may your experience be less traumatic than mine trying to learn it. :)

Added after edit: I should have remembered this intro to DFT by Burke and his group at Rutgers. You can find it here in PDF and PS format, along with a link to the Nobel lectures presented on DFT a few years back.
    Last edited: Mar 30, 2003
Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Have something to add?