Looking for tutor/someone to help me with problems in physics

• Thread starter lpettigrew
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Physics
In summary, the conversation is about finding help with self-learning and searching for tutors. The person suggests using resources such as Schaum's Outline series, Openstax.org, Khan Academy, and mathispower4u.com for self-learning. They also mention books by Tsokos for IB Physics. However, they apologize and clarify that this type of post is not allowed on the forum and the thread is closed.
lpettigrew
Homework Statement
Hello, I am a student who is independently studying A-Level Physics and has been home-educated teaching myself entirely for the past five years. I really enjoy this form of learning, however, I often find problems in past papers and online which I am uncertain of.

Consequently, I am searching for anyone who would possibly be able to help me with such dilemmas in providing worked solutions to demonstrate how to tackle these questions and of the possible methods one is able to take, even possibly extending to offering feedback to my attempted solutions.

I am seeking someone who is able to assist me since I do not have teachers to turn to like other students. It would not be with excessive queries just several questions I may compile which are causing me some difficulty.

Often, I am looking for more of an immediate/urgent response which is why it would be beneficial in my opinion to know that I have someone reliable to turn to, as opposed to just posting in the homework help forum.
I always strive to comprehensively solve all problems I am faced with, although, I cannot teach myself what I do not already know, which is why I sometimes find myself stuck upon certain tasks.

I apologise if my post is inappropriate, in which case I will revoke it if that is possible. I also apologise if I have posted this in the incorrect forum.
Relevant Equations
👍
If you think that you may be able to help me please feel free to reply to this thread or send me a private message ☺

Last edited by a moderator:
Physics news on Phys.org
For self-learning, I have always been a big fan of the Schaum's Outline series. They have a lot of worked examples and practice exercises with answers in the back. You might look into that as an alternative.

Likes jedishrfu
Sadly on PF, we don’t allow job or tutor solicitation.

Your best bet is to look for one locally near you or avail yourself of Khan Academy and mathispower4u.com collection of videos.

In addition to Schaums, there are also the books on Openstax.org

or the book by Tsokos on IB Physics.

https://www.amazon.com/dp/1316637778/?tag=pfamazon01-20

Likes berkeman
lpettigrew said:
Consequently, I am searching for anyone who would possibly be able to help me with such dilemmas in providing worked solutions to demonstrate how to tackle these questions and of the possible methods one is able to take, even possibly extending to offering feedback to my attempted solutions.

<snip>

I apologise if my post is inappropriate, in which case I will revoke it if that is possible. I also apologise if I have posted this in the incorrect forum.
Relevant Equations:: 👍
Sorry, we are not able to offer services to link up learners with tutors. That is outside the scope of PF. This thread is closed.

1. How can I find a qualified tutor to help me with physics problems?

There are a few different ways to find a qualified tutor for physics help. You can ask your teacher or professor for recommendations, check with your school's tutoring center, or search online for tutors in your area. It's important to make sure the tutor has experience and knowledge in physics specifically.

2. How do I know if a tutor is a good fit for me?

It's important to have a consultation or trial session with a potential tutor to see if you feel comfortable working with them. Ask about their teaching style and experience, and make sure they are able to explain concepts in a way that you understand.

3. What should I bring to a tutoring session for physics?

It's always helpful to bring your textbook, class notes, and any specific problems or topics you are struggling with to a tutoring session. This will allow the tutor to better understand your needs and tailor the session to your specific goals.

4. How often should I schedule tutoring sessions for physics?

This will depend on your individual needs and goals. Some students may benefit from weekly sessions, while others may only need occasional help before exams or with particularly challenging topics. It's important to communicate with your tutor and come up with a schedule that works best for you.

5. Can a tutor help me improve my overall understanding of physics?

Yes, a good tutor can not only help with specific problems or topics, but also improve your overall understanding and approach to physics. They can provide additional resources and strategies for studying and problem solving, which can ultimately lead to better grades and a deeper understanding of the subject.