Where can I find affordable used play scripts for my BFA audition?

• News
  • Thread starter leroyjenkens
  • Start date
In summary, the speaker discusses their plans to audition for a BFA program in theater and their need for a variety of monologues to practice with. They mention searching online for plays but wanting to find a cheaper option. They also mention the possibility of finding monologues at used bookstores or through a website that offers public domain monologues. Another suggestion is to check with a local library or community theater company for monologue resources.
leroyjenkens
In February 2014, I'm going to be auditioning to try to get into a BFA program in theater. To audition, I need to perform two contrasting monologues. I want to get a bunch of plays so I can have a wide variety to look through. Also so I can practice with several different monologues. I've been searching for some plays online, but they're usually about 8$. I wanted to try to find some place selling lots of them used, so I can get a bunch of them for like 2 or 3$. I want to own them so any time I need to get the context of the monologue, I can just go reference it real quick.

Anyone have any ideas? Thanks.

Physics news on Phys.org
I bet every used book store has lots of Shakespeare. Not sure if you're into that genre.

You can never go wrong with a local library.
Or just contact your community theatre company; they might be willing to lend you one (especially if you volunteer with them.)

I can suggest utilizing online marketplaces or local used bookstores to find affordable used play scripts. You can also try reaching out to local theater groups or universities to see if they have any used scripts available for purchase or rental. Additionally, libraries often have a wide selection of plays that you can borrow for free. I would also recommend considering digital options, such as e-books or online databases, which may offer a wider range of plays at a lower cost. Remember to properly cite any sources you use in your audition to avoid plagiarism. Good luck with your audition!

1. What are some reliable sources for finding used play scripts?

Some reliable sources for finding used play scripts include online marketplaces such as eBay and Amazon, local used bookstores or theater companies, and online forums or groups specifically for buying and selling used scripts.

2. Are used play scripts in good condition?

The condition of used play scripts can vary depending on where they were purchased and how often they were used. It is important to carefully examine the condition of the script before purchasing, or to ask for pictures or more information from the seller.

3. How can I ensure the accuracy and authenticity of a used play script?

To ensure the accuracy and authenticity of a used play script, it is best to purchase from a reputable source or seller. This could be a well-known marketplace or a trusted individual with a good track record of selling authentic scripts.

4. Can I return a used play script if I am not satisfied with it?

This depends on the return policy of the seller or marketplace where the script was purchased. It is important to read the return policy before making a purchase, and to communicate with the seller if there are any issues with the script.

5. Are there any potential risks or drawbacks to buying used play scripts?

One potential risk is that the script may be missing pages or have markings or notes from the previous owner. Additionally, there is a chance that the script may not be an accurate version or may not include the most recent updates or revisions. It is important to carefully research the script and communicate with the seller to minimize these risks.