Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Looking for word

  1. Jan 11, 2006 #1
    Is there a special term for sets that are not contained in one another, but are not disjoint? That is, they share some elements but have elements in either that are not in the other.
  2. jcsd
  3. Jan 11, 2006 #2


    User Avatar
    Homework Helper

    sets with non-empty intersection
  4. Jan 11, 2006 #3


    User Avatar
    Science Advisor

    "overlapping" sets.
  5. Jan 11, 2006 #4
    Yes! Overlapping will do. thanks.
Share this great discussion with others via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook