Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Looking in a handbag?

1. Apr 10, 2007 #1
    looking in a handbag - is girlfriend's permission required?

Is it okay to take a look in your girlfriend's handbag without her permission?

Last edited: Apr 10, 2007
  2. jcsd
  3. Apr 10, 2007 #2

cristo

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor

It depends on your reasons for looking!

4. Apr 10, 2007 #3

radou

Homework Helper

Exactly. If you're looking for the solution to all of humanity's problems, then I guess it's worth a try.

Otherwise, no.

5. Apr 10, 2007 #4

baywax

Gold Member

You can still type?

6. Apr 10, 2007 #5
    This is one of the two things all moral systems are in agreement on: No you can't. The other of course being it is "good" for men to take out the trash without being told.

7. Apr 10, 2007 #6

DaveC426913

Gold Member

No, it is not OK to look in a woman's handbag (or anyone else's property that is not in plain sight for that matter) without permission.

You may have reasons to do so that trump this wrong (such as looking for her epi-pen, or her gun).

8. Apr 11, 2007 #7
    Radou:
    "If you're looking for the solution to all of humanity's problems, then I guess it's worth a try."

If you get caught looking in the handbag you'll be made to feel that you've got all of humanity's problems!

9. Apr 28, 2007 #8
    "Is it okay to take a look in your girlfriend's handbag without her permission?"

For me, I wouldn't do it.

For others: As long as you don't steal anything, it seems OK-enough.
    (Just be careful when you put her things back in place. Because, if SHE finds out, you will learn just how un-OK it is.)

10. Apr 30, 2007 #9
    Is it okay if she looks in your hand bag? If she is being dishonest with you, go ahead. It all depends on how she reacts - remember its your decision to hold affection for her.

11. Apr 30, 2007 #10

Evo

Staff: Mentor

This isn't philosophy.

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Have something to add?