Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Looking through solid objects?

1. Jan 31, 2007 #1
    Can it be done? Quantum Physics (QP) states that at a quantum level there is more space between the atoms that make up all physical solid objects. Does this mean that, from space with a high powered telescope looking at the moon, you can zoom in onto the surface, then using the 'N-SET' equation, continue to zoom in until you focus on the surface of the earth (behind the moon)? If this is right, I believe there would be a large 'black area' between the two focus points. I don't know if this theory can even be tested or worked out mathematically but believe it would work. I think it could only be achieved on this large scale and not in the lab. There is a camera lens that can focus on foreground and background at the same time. This lens may be needed in-place of the telescope but either way, with the use of the N-Set it should work. I am interested what professionals in the QP field think of this theory. Although I have a general understanding of QP, I am not an expert. I can't imagine an experiment being done without the mathematics backing up the theory, due to the cost involved because of the scale. Looking forward to any discussion on this. Thanks, BigMak.
  2. jcsd
Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Can you help with the solution or looking for help too?
Draft saved Draft deleted