Looks like Susskind's third book is on the way

• Intro Physics
  • Thread starter smodak
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Book
In summary: Your Name]In summary, Leonard Susskind and Art Friedman's SPECIAL RELATIVITY AND CLASSICAL FIELD THEORY: The Theoretical Minimum will be published by Basic in Fall 2017. It is the third book in The Theoretical Minimum series and will provide an introduction to Einstein's special relativity and field theory. The book aims to make these complex concepts more accessible to a wider audience and has been recognized for its value by publisher Max Brockman at Brockman(NA). The book is expected to be a valuable addition to the field of physics education.
smodak
From Publisher's Marketplace
Science

Leonard Susskind and Art Friedman's SPECIAL RELATIVITY AND CLASSICAL FIELD THEORY: The Theoretical Minimum, the third book in The Theoretical Minimum series—an introduction to physics—tackles Einstein's special relativity and field theory, to T.J. Kelleher at Basic, for publication in Fall 2017, by Max Brockman at Brockman(NA).
https://freshpickeddeals.com/publishersmarketplace.com/lunch-weekly-1767087

Kelleher also twitted about it here:

https://twitter.com/tj_kelleher/status/724627479999176705

Likes vanhees71 and QuantumQuest
Physics news on Phys.org

Dear T.J. Kelleher,

I am thrilled to hear about the upcoming publication of Leonard Susskind and Art Friedman's SPECIAL RELATIVITY AND CLASSICAL FIELD THEORY: The Theoretical Minimum. As a scientist myself, I understand the importance of making complex scientific concepts accessible to a wider audience. It is exciting to see that this book will be a part of The Theoretical Minimum series, which has already had great success in introducing readers to the fundamentals of physics.

Einstein's theory of special relativity and classical field theory are fundamental concepts in physics, but they can often be difficult for non-scientists to understand. I am confident that Susskind and Friedman's book will provide a clear and engaging explanation of these theories, making them more accessible to readers of all backgrounds.

I would also like to commend Max Brockman at Brockman(NA) for recognizing the value of this book and helping to bring it to publication. It is important to have publishers who are willing to take on challenging and important scientific topics, and I am glad that Basic has decided to publish this book.

I look forward to the release of SPECIAL RELATIVITY AND CLASSICAL FIELD THEORY and I am sure it will be a valuable addition to the field of physics education. Thank you for sharing this exciting news with the scientific community.

1. What is "Looks like Susskind's third book is on the way" about?

"Looks like Susskind's third book is on the way" is about the upcoming release of a third book by renowned theoretical physicist Leonard Susskind. The book will likely focus on cutting-edge topics in physics and cosmology.

2. When will "Looks like Susskind's third book is on the way" be released?

The exact release date for "Looks like Susskind's third book is on the way" has not been announced yet. However, based on previous release schedules, it is expected to be available within the next year or two.

3. What can we expect from "Looks like Susskind's third book is on the way"?

Based on Susskind's previous works, "Looks like Susskind's third book is on the way" will likely explore complex and thought-provoking ideas in physics and cosmology. It may also include new research and theories from Susskind himself.

4. Will "Looks like Susskind's third book is on the way" be accessible for non-scientists?

While "Looks like Susskind's third book is on the way" will likely cover advanced topics in physics, Susskind has a talent for making complex concepts more understandable for non-scientists. It is likely that the book will be accessible to those with a general interest in science.

5. Will "Looks like Susskind's third book is on the way" be available in different formats?

It is likely that "Looks like Susskind's third book is on the way" will be available in multiple formats, such as hardcover, paperback, and e-book. This will make it accessible to readers with different preferences and devices.