Where Can I Find an Affordable PZT Plate for Piezoelectric Applications?

• Thread starter WhoseYourPapi
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Piezo Plate
In summary, an affordable PZT plate for piezoelectric applications can be found by researching different suppliers and comparing prices. Online marketplaces such as Amazon and eBay may also offer competitive prices for PZT plates. Additionally, contacting manufacturers directly and inquiring about bulk discounts or promotions can also help in finding a more affordable option. Another option is to look for used or refurbished PZT plates from reputable sellers. Ultimately, conducting thorough research and exploring different options can lead to finding an affordable PZT plate for piezoelectric applications.
WhoseYourPapi
hi me again sorry for bad english but I am loooking for a pzt plate as shown in
https://institutes.lanl.gov/ei/pdf_files/JIMSS2005.pdf
i seen sights like americanpiezo but i can't find the same 50 hz resonance one
can someone help me find one?
is their a better one than the one in the article
where can i find the hz for pzt plates?
thanks again

Engineering news on Phys.org
Okay, so I had an English friend translate for me since I was not getting any responses.
Basically,
I want the same piezoelectric plate found here: https://institutes.lanl.gov/ei/pdf_files/JIMSS2005.pdf.
The PZT has a resonance frequency of 50 Hz in said article.
If possible, I'd like similar or better ones (the resonance frequency can be a bit off, as long as it is similar).
I have tried googling it but have found no luck regarding resonance frequency.
Can somebody help me find something I can buy?

Anything? (Remember, I'm new to this so finding something as close as possible to the one used would be nice, I don't understand things like dielectric constants)

Last edited by a moderator:

1. What is a piezo plate?

A piezo plate is a type of piezoelectric material that converts mechanical energy into electrical energy. It is typically made of a ceramic material that can generate an electrical charge when pressure is applied to it.

2. How is a piezo plate used in scientific research?

Piezo plates are commonly used in scientific research for various purposes such as measuring force, detecting vibrations or pressure, and generating electrical signals. They are also used in various instruments and devices, such as ultrasound machines and sensors.

3. What are the advantages of using a piezo plate?

The main advantage of using a piezo plate is its ability to convert mechanical energy into electrical energy with high precision and sensitivity. It also has a fast response time and can operate in a wide range of temperatures. Additionally, piezo plates are small, lightweight, and cost-effective.

4. How do I choose the right piezo plate for my research?

When choosing a piezo plate, it is important to consider factors such as the desired level of sensitivity, operating temperature range, and size requirements. It is also important to consider the type of application and the specific properties of the piezo material, such as its voltage output and frequency response.

5. Can I make my own piezo plate?

Yes, it is possible to make your own piezo plate using a piezoelectric material, such as quartz or ceramic, and a conductive material, such as metal. However, the process can be complex and requires specialized equipment. It is often more practical to purchase a pre-made piezo plate for research purposes.