Lost in Projectile Motion

• Thread starter Tomie
  • Start date

Main Question or Discussion Point

Hello I am currently a grade 11 student taking a 11U Physics course and we are nearly done our Kinematics unit and are finishing up Projectile motion. When i asked my teacher to explain the concept behind Projectile motion, i understood what a projectile is and what causes it (the force of gravity acting on a an object) but i don't understand much beyond that, any and all help is welcomed

Thank you!

Answers and Replies

e.bar.goum
Science Advisor
Education Advisor
Welcome to PF, Tomie!

A good resource for learning projectile motion is Hyperphysics, which might clear up some things.

If you have a more specific question, maybe we could be of more use.

SteamKing
Staff Emeritus
Science Advisor
Homework Helper
The basic principle behind projectile motion is, "What goes up, must come down."

If a projectile is fired, you are interested in how far it will travel or how high above the ground its path will take it before the projectile falls back to earth.
If you know how far you want the projectile to travel (i.e., its range), you can use the physics of projectile motion to determine the best angle of launch and initial speed of the projectile to achieve this desired range.

SteamKing
Staff Emeritus
Science Advisor
Homework Helper
The basic principle behind projectile motion is, "What goes up, must come down."

If a projectile is fired, you are interested in how far it will travel or how high above the ground its path will take it before the projectile falls back to earth.
If you know how far you want the projectile to travel (i.e., its range), you can use the physics of projectile motion to determine the best angle of launch and initial speed of the projectile to achieve this desired range.