Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Lost Post

1. Oct 25, 2006 #1
    I posted a reply in a thread (Falling Laundry) a couple of hours ago and now it's gone. Is this related to the server move? Should I just repost the reply?

2. jcsd
  3. Oct 25, 2006 #2

Danger

Gold Member

The same thing happened to me. One of them came back while I was asleep, but at least one other is still missing. It'll probably turn up eventually.

4. Oct 25, 2006 #3

Gokul43201

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Gold Member

Everything I posted after 8:30am ET yesterday has vanished. I'm not sure if I'm on the new server yet...I'm just going to wait and see if the missing posts return by tomorrow. If not, they're probably gone for good.

Last edited: Oct 25, 2006
  5. Oct 25, 2006 #4
    Me too. I made a few posts which have now vanished.

6. Oct 25, 2006 #5

Doc Al

Staff: Mentor

Same thing happened to me. Indeed, several threads that I replied to are gone!

I hope they let us know when things are back to normal. :grumpy:

7. Oct 25, 2006 #6

arildno

Science Advisor
    Homework Helper
    Gold Member
    Dearly Missed

Okay, I THOUGHT I had visited PF earlier today and answered some questions, but when I couldn't find my posts, I assumed I had imagined it.

Thanks to all of you to keep me from running to the nearest shrink. :smile:

8. Oct 25, 2006 #7

Moonbear

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Gold Member

I hate moving!!!! :cry: Hopefully this will be for the better in the end. At least I only have a little time to get on PF while my parents are in town, so I'm not as traumatized as if I had lots of free time on my hands to stare at blank screens and server not found errors.

9. Oct 25, 2006 #8
    I think we packed them in the box marked..spare bedroom..oh jeez, who knows where they ended up.

10. Oct 27, 2006 #9
    I lost them too

I thought that the posts of mine were deleted because they were so bad that you wanted to get rid of them.... I guess it is nothing personal....It happens to everyone

11. Oct 27, 2006 #10

Danger

Gold Member

No, no... yours were deliberate. :uhh:

12. Oct 27, 2006 #11

Moonbear

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Gold Member

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

13. Oct 30, 2006 #12
    my posts are missing too. :eek:

~Amy

14. Oct 30, 2006 #13

Moonbear

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Gold Member

Darn, I was hoping that box that fell off the back of the truck during the move was just the spam. :uhh: Unless Chroot still has some miracle up his sleeve, I think they're gone for good.

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Have something to add?