Louis Rukeyser dies at 73

Ivan Seeking
Staff Emeritus
Science Advisor
Gold Member
Boy, I watched this guy almost every week for most of his career. He was always fun to watch.

From 1970 until 2002, at 8:30 p.m. on Friday evenings on public television, the dapper journalist began his half hour-long show Wall $treet Week with Louis Rukeyser to the clacking sound of an old stock ticker machine.

Rukeyser reviewed the week's news with witticisms, wordplay and factoids and then moderated a panel discussion. The better the market outlook, the more he liked it, his brother said. The format never changed.[continued]
http://today.reuters.com/news/newsA...01_N03365613_RTRIDST_0_PEOPLE-RUKEYSER-DC.XML

Answers and Replies

Never heard of him.

Ivan Seeking
Staff Emeritus
Science Advisor
Gold Member
Yes you have.

Honest, never heard of him. Same way I never heard about that last radio guy you posted about.

Ivan Seeking
Staff Emeritus
Science Advisor
Gold Member
:biggrin: Obviously you had since you read my post.

No, I read about him, I never heard about him. :biggrin:

Ivan Seeking
Staff Emeritus
Science Advisor
Gold Member
They were just showing one of his show intros after one of the worst weeks in Wall Street History. He began by reminding his viewers that their families still love them. :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

Astronuc
Staff Emeritus
Science Advisor
Ivan Seeking said:
Boy, I watched this guy almost every week for most of his career. He was always fun to watch.
I watched him too. He and Wall Street Week are certainly icons of the era from Reagen through Clinton.

Ivan Seeking
Staff Emeritus
Science Advisor
Gold Member
Commenting on Rukeyser's landmark format and success, a friend and fellow journalist once asked: "Lou, how does it feel to give birth to an entire industry?" Rukeyser responded: "I don't even have stretch marks".