Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Louisiana Voter Literacy Test

1. Jul 1, 2013 #1

BobG

Science Advisor
    Homework Helper

Could you pass the voter literacy test Louisiana administered in the mid-60's?

Ten minutes, 30 questions, 1 or more incorrect answers disqualifies you from voting.

http://www.crmvet.org/info/la-littest.pdf [Broken]

Why, oh why, did I have to draw my triangle pointing to the right instead of up?!

Last edited by a moderator: May 6, 2017
  2. jcsd
  3. Jul 1, 2013 #2

Ben Niehoff

Science Advisor
    Gold Member

Wow...the questions are ambiguous, confusing, and even self-contradictory...quite obviously deliberate so that the examiner can disqualify people arbitrarily.

The very last question appears to be lacking a verb, but is grammatically correct if you take "part" to be a verb, and add some commas. I still can't figure out what it wants you to do, though.

4. Jul 1, 2013 #3

HayleySarg

Gold Member

My government teacher in HS administered this test. Anyone who couldn't "pass" was kicked out of class. He also administered it at random due to physical features such as a mole on the face, green eyes, tall etc.

It put the world in a brand new perspective for some. Quite the way to start a class.

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook