Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Love is like

1. Mar 13, 2006 #1

Pengwuino

Gold Member

Love is like a chemistry lab. You may find your soulmate and make beautiful chemistry with them, or, in my case, spill nitric acid on my hand. :grumpy: :grumpy:

2. jcsd
  3. Mar 13, 2006 #2
    I thought you were gonna say a waste of time.

Don't listen to me, I'm bitter and jaded.

4. Mar 13, 2006 #3

JasonRox

Homework Helper
    Gold Member

For someone who can describe love in any form, truly does not know what love is.

This is how I see, where love is perfect...

If you find something (someone) perfect, good luck telling the world as it will keep you speechless.

When saying love is "like" something, it will always be an understatement. In my opinion, love is like nothing else. The second you experience it you remain speechless.

If you can describe it, it is certainly not love and merely puppy love.

That's my take on it.

5. Mar 13, 2006 #4
    ...a box of chocolates. you never know when that caramel cream, which is actually a nasty peanut butter fudge is stop wasting your precious youth and commit, but it won't because it doesn't want to grow up and face the responsibilties of being an adult, but that won't stop it from having sex with you and making you fat and ruining your chances of success with other more eligible chocolates...

er uh, what was the question?

6. Mar 13, 2006 #5
    oh yeah, love is like drowning annoying penguins. gosh it sure is fun!

7. Mar 13, 2006 #6

Pengwuino

Gold Member

Love is like getting your car towed. I still haven't found the one yet.

8. Mar 13, 2006 #7
    love is like watching a penguin tow your car. you know its working hard, but its so cute and small its hard not to laugh.

9. Mar 13, 2006 #8
    I knew you ladies loved chocolates but don't you think that's just going a wee bit far m'dear?

10. Mar 13, 2006 #9
    Love is like the annoying monkey on yer back that you can't get rid of.

Damn monkeys...

11. Mar 13, 2006 #10
    Love is like towing your monkey through field of nitric acid-laced chocolates made by speechless, drowning, bitter penguins.

12. Mar 13, 2006 #11

Ivan Seeking

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Gold Member

Love is like a simile.

13. Mar 13, 2006 #12
    Love is like a box of chocolates. You tend not to get it back from whoever you gave it to.

Again, don't listen to me.

14. Mar 13, 2006 #13

Mk

lol :rofl: :rofl:

:rofl::rofl:
    :rofl::rofl:
    Oh, so your boyfriend is responsible for making you fat? Jeezus you can blame anything on your boyfriend.*

Not that I'm saying you're fat. And not that you have a boyfriend... not that I mean you couldn't get one, but I mean I mean, I am trying to mean, leaning tower of Pisa.

Last edited: Mar 14, 2006
  15. Mar 13, 2006 #14

Mk

Love is like a Carl's Jr. Hamburger. "If it doesn't get all over somebody's face, it ain't good."

16. Mar 13, 2006 #15

Ivan Seeking

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Gold Member

Love is like a pair of glasses: It's common to look for it everywhere except right in front of you.

Love is like a car: You never know what you've really got until you drive it for awhile.

17. Mar 13, 2006 #16
    Love is like a three toed tree sloth on Angel Dust snarling and gasping in the corner as it chews, frothy-mouthed, on large dust bunnies.

18. Mar 13, 2006 #17

Pengwuino

Gold Member

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

19. Mar 14, 2006 #18

Moonbear

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Gold Member

Love is like the TV remote: You can never find it when you're looking for it.

Love is like the TV remote: It's easy to take for granted until you've lost it.

Love is like the TV remote...gah, I thought it would be funny to keep going with this, but seem to be lacking creativity at the moment. :rolleyes:

20. Mar 14, 2006 #19
    Love is an extremely devious trick which nature pulls on us in order to keep our species alive. :biggrin:

21. Mar 14, 2006 #20

Moonbear

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Gold Member

Yes, it sure is! :rofl:

Okay, I don't know if this belongs in this thread, or the "music I'm ashamed to admit I listen to" thread, but this topic has the Pat Benatar song, "Heartbreaker" stuck in my head, especially the line, "Your love is like a tidal wave, spinning over my head..."

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Have something to add?