Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Love listening to stuff like Nancy Sinatra

1. Jul 9, 2008 #1
    I love listening to stuff like Nancy Sinatra, Frank Sinatra, Lee Hazelwood, Peter Sarsted, etc. but these people were at their peak at least two generations before me and this sort of music is kinda hard to find if you dont know what youre looking for. Ive been given some amazing suggestions wrt music to listen to, and Id love to know more tracks to look out for.

So far, Ive bought a Frank Sinatra album, listened to 'Summer Wine', and 'Where do you go to my lovely', any suggestions will be welcome. Also, what do you guys think of todays music? In a lot of respects, I feel that it lacks the luster, emotion and quality music previously had.

2. jcsd
  3. Jul 9, 2008 #2

turbo

Gold Member

Re: Music!

When I was a kid, my great-uncle sold his house and moved into a tiny apartment. He gave us his console record-player and kept a portable that played 45's. Along with the console, we got his small collection of 33's. He was French-Canadian and he spoke English well enough to get by. He loved the Ink Spots and the Mills Brothers - black vocal groups, as well as the popular white artists of the '60's. If you can find "best of" compilations of either of those groups, you will not be disappointed.

4. Jul 9, 2008 #3
    Re: Music!

my good sir, I believe you should pirate some of "the pipettes". A bit rough on the edges and maybe a bit to "Frigg off" on the attitude for being 60-ies band, but they would hold their own in that century.

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Have something to add?