Love of money is evil ?

• Thread starter Saint
  • Start date

drag

Science Advisor
Greetings !
Originally posted by Zantra
You may be cynical about it. But once you've had them, you wouldn't want to let them go. And if you say you would, then you've not truly had them.
I'm not being cynical, rather... I disbelieve the possibility
that my true wishes could ever change in any fundumental
manner ever again. Purhaps I'm wrong... But, that's
the course upon which life appears to've set me and as
long as it stays that way I do not intend to accept defeat.

Hmm... I'm a lost case...

Live long and prosper.

Originally posted by drag
Greetings !

I'm not being cynical, rather... I disbelieve the possibility
that my true wishes could ever change in any fundumental
manner ever again. Purhaps I'm wrong... But, that's
the course upon which life appears to've set me and as
long as it stays that way I do not intend to accept defeat.

Hmm... I'm a lost case...

Live long and prosper.
hmm.. no age listed... Well at some point in your life you will probably face a life-altering decision. You will have to choose between the material and the immaterial. That choice will likely guide the course of your life. We all face this decision at some point in our lives- weather we recognize it or not. It's how we deal with that issue and rise above adversity that determines our character. Maybe I'm coming off as altruistic, but that's just my viewpoint on life.

Owl

It's our nature to want more in our lives. Because keeping yourself alive this long is an act of wanting and getting more in your life. But the question is what do you want more of?
If the answers are mostly materials then when these materials that make up your life go away then maybe the drive of wanting more goes away and lead to you own distruction.
If the answer is love then when love goes away you might want to go with it.
What i want is unclear. I'm pretty sure i just want to understand my life and everything else.
I accept and expect just about anything out of life and welcome any pleasure or pain which is inevitable.

Originally posted by drag
It is, in that case. But if you're not happy because
you can't do the things you want due to lack of
money and thus you're abviously unhappy then
it's a different story.

Live long and prosper.

yes, we need money to sustain our dairy life
if we lack of money, maybe we will suffer
but it doesn't mean if we have more money we will get more happinese
just like oxygen, you need it
but if i give you more and more , will you be happy?
i don't think you have more money and you gonna be happy
it is depend on how you use it and your satisfaction

profligate

In my belief that whole, "Money doesn't make people happy" stint is just something rich people tell everyone else to keep them from trying to get more money. It's persuasion and it seems to be working. I like my money. I wouldn't sell my body or family or anything like that for more of it but I'd miss it if it were gone. Money makes me happy. If only because having money means I can buy other things that make me happy. Having money gives me a sense of freedom. It has also taught me responsibility. I don't think money is the root of evil. I think people create their own "Evil" and therefore, money is a way of expressing that. But it's not a catalyst. Personally, I'm sick of people blaming things like money on their own choices. I'm not sure anyone is ever -tempted- to do anything. It's a choice. Everything is a choice. You make those choices on what you believe and that's that.
-Via.