Love the Dodgers? Post here ->

• Thread starter loseyourname
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Love
In summary, the Dodger's debut by Brad Penny was not good. Eric Gagne looked tired and Tracy should have let Penny go the distance.
loseyourname
Staff Emeritus
Gold Member
How about the debut by Brad Penny? 8 IP, 2 H, 0 ER. Gagne looked tired as hell tonight. Tracy should have let Penny go the distance.

Physics news on Phys.org
I haven't followed sports closely in many years but I still consider myself a Dodger fan. Go Dodgers!

Tsu broke her butt bone at a Dodger game but that's another story. :biggrin:

LOL tell the story!

STUPID umpire! :grumpy: It was a freakin' FOUL BALL! HE NEEDED GLASSES! I was SO fried! :grumpy: :mad: I sat down very hard in my seat (nice comfy WOODEN seat :rolleyes: ), only to instantly remember, much to my dismay, that I had set the binoculars on the seat when the ball was hit. :surprise: OUCH!

The radiologist who looked at my films a few days later was saying that the sacrum is the hardest bone in the body to break and it's usually only with severe trauma that it is broken, and then he flicks the film onto the viewbox, studies it, and says, "But it sure looks like YOU'VE managed to do it with BINOCULARS!" :surprise: :redface: :rofl:

I keep thinking though... Maybe I broke it the time I fell down the chimney hole in that house we were building... :uhh:

I nearly had to carry her out of Dodger Stadium. Try walking a mile or so with a broken butt! In Tsu's defense, it was a critical game and play. :biggrin:

Eric Gagne is Quebecois. He's my favourite player.

I'm a Jays and Expos fan.

The MLB has been screwing Montreal for over 6 years. :cry:

Ivan Seeking said:
Tsu broke her butt bone

LOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOL :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

That just made my day!

Wait... what is a butt bone?? i thought the coccyx would have been the butt/tail bone...

Technically, yes. The coccyx is the tail bone. It's attached to the sacrum above it, which is a bone about the size of your hand (sans fingers) and is somewhat flat and quite thick. It helps to protect your butt (bum :wink:) and provides a very nice platform for your spinal column to prop itself upon. :biggrin: The crack in my sacrum was right above the junction with the coccyx, so not only was it painful there, but I also had that most uncomfortable feeling that you get when you fall right ON your tailbone... you know... that intense desire to just suck your toes right up through your nose?! :surprise::biggrin:

Last edited:
how did the binoculars look after this?

DarkAnt said:
how did the binoculars look after this?

They were fine, in fact we still have them.

jimmy p said:
LOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOL :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

That just made my day!

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

I like how much you like this one.

Sorry loseyourname.

Go Dodgers! Did you know they were once called the Brooklyn Bums? When I was a kid my dad used to torture me with this fact. "Ah, they're still a bunch of bums" he would say. :biggrin:

They were called "dem bums." My ex-girlfriend's dad was a Brooklyn guy. Very crushed when they moved. Ah, damn I'm actually starting to get excited. The Padres and Giants are fading fast. Since you can't play a team from your own division in the divisional series, assuming the Cubs take the wild card, there's an interesting series shaping up with a lot of damn good pitching. Odalis Perez was lights out tonight. We'll see if Penny can keep it up tomorrow. Even Jeff Weaver is coming around. I tell you what - send any pitcher to either Greg Colburn or Rick Petersen and you'll end up with a pretty good pitcher.

Ivan Seeking said:
:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

I like how much you like this one.
Thanks. Both of you. Thanks. :grumpy:

I'm certainly glad that I'm available to be the BUTT of your jokes and that the CENTER of your humor is my... :surprise: :rofl: :rofl:

Oh... yeah... :biggrin:

GOOOO DODGERS!

I'll always be a fan - no matter where they live. :wink:

Ivan Seeking said:
Tsu broke her butt bone at a Dodger game but that's another story. :biggrin:

Poor thing! Tsu - you got to get a little more coosh'n on yer toosh'n! Dr. Math prescribes 2 lbs. of chocolates per week until desired effect is achieved. :rofl:

and oh yeah.. GO DODGERS!

Math Is Hard said:
Dr. Math prescribes 2 lbs. of chocolates per week... :rofl:
Thank you, Doctor. I'll get that prescription filled right away! :wink: :biggrin:

Math Is Hard said:
Poor thing! Tsu - you got to get a little more coosh'n on yer toosh'n! Dr. Math prescribes 2 lbs. of chocolates per week until desired effect is achieved. :rofl:

and oh yeah.. GO DODGERS!

You live in Malibu, correct? You better be a fan. Let's hope Penny's injury today isn't serious.

loseyourname said:
You live in Malibu, correct? You better be a fan.

Absolutely! But I have never been to a game. One of these days I will, though! I have always wanted to try one of those Dodger Dogs! :biggrin:

1. What makes the Dodgers such a beloved team?

The Dodgers have a rich history and a loyal fan base. They have won multiple World Series titles and have produced many legendary players. The team also has a strong connection to the city of Los Angeles, making them a source of pride for many fans.

2. How do the Dodgers compare to other teams in terms of performance?

The Dodgers have consistently been one of the top teams in the MLB, with a strong record and numerous division titles. They also have a strong roster of talented players and a dedicated coaching staff, making them a formidable team on the field.

3. What sets the Dodgers apart from other teams in terms of fan experience?

The Dodgers have a beautiful stadium, Dodger Stadium, which is known for its picturesque views and iconic features like the Dodger Stadium Ravine. The team also has a variety of special events and promotions for fans, making every game a unique and memorable experience.

4. Who are some of the most iconic players to have played for the Dodgers?

The Dodgers have had many legendary players in their history, including Jackie Robinson, Sandy Koufax, and Clayton Kershaw. These players have not only made an impact on the team, but also on the sport of baseball as a whole.

5. How do the Dodgers maintain such a strong team culture?

The Dodgers have a strong emphasis on teamwork and unity, both on and off the field. The organization also places a high value on community involvement and giving back, which helps foster a positive and supportive team culture.