Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Love the Dodgers? Post here ->

1. Aug 3, 2004 #1

loseyourname

Staff Emeritus
    Gold Member

How about the debut by Brad Penny? 8 IP, 2 H, 0 ER. Gagne looked tired as hell tonight. Tracy should have let Penny go the distance.

2. jcsd
  3. Aug 4, 2004 #2

Ivan Seeking

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Gold Member

I haven't followed sports closely in many years but I still consider myself a Dodger fan. Go Dodgers!!!

Tsu broke her butt bone at a Dodger game but that's another story. :biggrin:

4. Aug 4, 2004 #3
    LOL tell the story!

5. Aug 4, 2004 #4

Tsu

Gold Member

STUPID umpire!!! :grumpy: It was a freakin' FOUL BALL!!! HE NEEDED GLASSES!!! I was SO fried!! :grumpy: :mad: I sat down very hard in my seat (nice comfy WOODEN seat :rolleyes: ), only to instantly remember, much to my dismay, that I had set the binoculars on the seat when the ball was hit. :surprise: OUCH!!!!

The radiologist who looked at my films a few days later was saying that the sacrum is the hardest bone in the body to break and it's usually only with severe trauma that it is broken, and then he flicks the film onto the viewbox, studies it, and says, "But it sure looks like YOU'VE managed to do it with BINOCULARS!!" :surprise: :redface: :rofl:

I keep thinking though... Maybe I broke it the time I fell down the chimney hole in that house we were building... :uhh:

6. Aug 4, 2004 #5

Ivan Seeking

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Gold Member

I nearly had to carry her out of Dodger Stadium. Try walking a mile or so with a broken butt! In Tsu's defense, it was a critical game and play. :biggrin:

7. Aug 4, 2004 #6
    Eric Gagne is Quebecois. He's my favourite player.

I'm a Jays and Expos fan.

The MLB has been screwing Montreal for over 6 years. :cry:

8. Aug 6, 2004 #7

jimmy p

Gold Member

LOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOL :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

That just made my day!!

Wait.... what is a butt bone?? i thought the coccyx would have been the butt/tail bone...

9. Aug 6, 2004 #8

Tsu

Gold Member

Technically, yes. The coccyx is the tail bone. It's attached to the sacrum above it, which is a bone about the size of your hand (sans fingers) and is somewhat flat and quite thick. It helps to protect your butt (bum :wink:) and provides a very nice platform for your spinal column to prop itself upon. :biggrin: The crack in my sacrum was right above the junction with the coccyx, so not only was it painful there, but I also had that most uncomfortable feeling that you get when you fall right ON your tailbone... you know... that intense desire to just suck your toes right up through your nose?!!! :surprise::biggrin:

Last edited: Aug 7, 2004
  10. Aug 7, 2004 #9
    how did the binoculars look after this?

11. Aug 7, 2004 #10

Ivan Seeking

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Gold Member

They were fine, in fact we still have them.

12. Aug 7, 2004 #11

Ivan Seeking

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Gold Member

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

I like how much you like this one.

13. Aug 7, 2004 #12

Ivan Seeking

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Gold Member

Sorry loseyourname.

Go Dodgers!!! Did you know they were once called the Brooklyn Bums? When I was a kid my dad used to torture me with this fact. "Ah, they're still a bunch of bums" he would say. :biggrin:

14. Aug 8, 2004 #13

loseyourname

Staff Emeritus
    Gold Member

They were called "dem bums." My ex-girlfriend's dad was a Brooklyn guy. Very crushed when they moved. Ah, damn I'm actually starting to get excited. The Padres and Giants are fading fast. Since you can't play a team from your own division in the divisional series, assuming the Cubs take the wild card, there's an interesting series shaping up with a lot of damn good pitching. Odalis Perez was lights out tonight. We'll see if Penny can keep it up tomorrow. Even Jeff Weaver is coming around. I tell you what - send any pitcher to either Greg Colburn or Rick Petersen and you'll end up with a pretty good pitcher.

15. Aug 8, 2004 #14

Tsu

Gold Member

Thanks. Both of you. Thanks. :grumpy:

I'm certainly glad that I'm available to be the BUTT of your jokes and that the CENTER of your humor is my... :surprise: :rofl: :rofl:

16. Aug 8, 2004 #15

Tsu

Gold Member

Oh... yeah... :biggrin:

GOOOO DODGERS!!!!

I'll always be a fan - no matter where they live. :wink:

17. Aug 8, 2004 #16

Math Is Hard

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Gold Member

Poor thing!!! Tsu - ya gotta get a little more coosh'n on yer toosh'n!! Dr. Math prescribes 2 lbs. of chocolates per week until desired effect is achieved. :rofl:

and oh yeah.. GO DODGERS!

18. Aug 8, 2004 #17

Tsu

Gold Member

Thank you, Doctor. I'll get that prescription filled right away! :wink: :biggrin:

19. Aug 8, 2004 #18

loseyourname

Staff Emeritus
    Gold Member

You live in Malibu, correct? You better be a fan. Let's hope Penny's injury today isn't serious.

20. Aug 8, 2004 #19

Math Is Hard

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Gold Member

Absolutely! But I have never been to a game. One of these days I will, though! I have always wanted to try one of those Dodger Dogs! :biggrin:

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Have something to add?