Can I Convert My Bode Plots to Logarithmic Scale in Excel?

In summary, the conversation discusses using an Excel spreadsheet to plot bode plots for low and high pass filters. The speaker encountered an issue when trying to add a logarithmic graph and was unsure if they were doing the right thing. They also provided a link to the Excel file and suggested adjusting the axis format to convert to logarithmic scale.
k31453
Got excel spreadsheet.
in my excel worksheet "4" i plot bode plot for low and high pass.

Our lab experiement aim was measure two set of data and identify which one is low pass and which one is highpass filter.

But as soon as I am trying to put lograitham graph it is not allow me ?

I want to know am i doing right thing or not?

This is the excel file.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/0thxwsrk3n8wl4w/lab.xlsx

Physics news on Phys.org
k31453 said:
Got excel spreadsheet.
in my excel worksheet "4" i plot bode plot for low and high pass.

Our lab experiement aim was measure two set of data and identify which one is low pass and which one is highpass filter.

But as soon as I am trying to put lograitham graph it is not allow me ?

I want to know am i doing right thing or not?

This is the excel file.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/0thxwsrk3n8wl4w/lab.xlsx

right-click your left vertical axis, and select "Format Axis". In the format dialog box, you have options to convert the vertical scale to logarithmic. You can probably do something similar with the horizontal frequency scale as well...

What is a Low Pass Filter?

A Low Pass Filter is a type of electronic circuit that allows low frequency signals to pass through while attenuating high frequency signals. It is commonly used in audio systems to remove unwanted high frequency noise.

What is a High Pass Filter?

A High Pass Filter is a type of electronic circuit that allows high frequency signals to pass through while attenuating low frequency signals. It is commonly used in audio systems to remove unwanted low frequency noise.

What is the cutoff frequency of a Low Pass Filter?

The cutoff frequency of a Low Pass Filter is the frequency at which the output signal is reduced to half of the input signal. It is also known as the -3dB frequency.

What is the cutoff frequency of a High Pass Filter?

The cutoff frequency of a High Pass Filter is the frequency at which the output signal is reduced to half of the input signal. It is also known as the -3dB frequency.

What is the difference between a Low Pass Filter and a High Pass Filter?

A Low Pass Filter allows low frequency signals to pass through while attenuating high frequency signals, whereas a High Pass Filter allows high frequency signals to pass through while attenuating low frequency signals. In other words, a Low Pass Filter filters out high frequencies and a High Pass Filter filters out low frequencies.