Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Low-Cost DAQ System

1. Jan 4, 2012 #1
    Hi !
    Happy New Year !
    Now to the question :)
    I am looking for a cheap DAQ for my PocketPC 2003 Toshiba e805 or for WinCE 4.2 NEC Mobilepro 900c. Eventually the DAQ can be a PCI board.
    The Toshiba accpets CF I/II cards and the NEC - CF I/II and PCMCIA cards.
    Every suggestion, opinion, etc is welcome !
    Also if someone can recommend an online retailer - feel free to share !

Thanks !

2. jcsd
  3. Jan 4, 2012 #2
    i would contact the manufacturer of the instrument that you are taking measurements from to see if it has an option for PCMCIA.

4. Jan 4, 2012 #3
    http://www.ebay.com/itm/National-In...336?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item45fd0d6e88

The price was $445 at ebay. NI seemed to be selling PCMCIA cards for over $1000.

This table of supported devices for DAQmx software doesn't have column for Windows CE, but DAQmx software itself does have a Windows CE version. It might be wise to contact NI or do further research before buying, to make sure the device is supported on your operating system.

Last edited: Jan 4, 2012
  5. Jan 4, 2012 #4
    PCMCIA and Windows CE drivers?

6. Jan 4, 2012 #5
    That is the problem :) I have the device that logs the data, but not the sensors :)
    MisterX - Thank you ! But ebay was the first place I went through :)

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook