Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Low turn on voltage diodes

1. Jan 26, 2016 #1

Zondrina

Homework Helper

Hi.

I'm wondering if anyone knows the model number of a diode, which has a low forward turn on voltage, and has through-hole termination.

I am aware of the BAT54 Schottky diode series. The turn on voltage is as low as ##0.2 V## for some models, but the problem is they are surface mount components. I intend to use a breadboard for an initial design, so I need through-hole specifically. I may consider surface-mount if I can get my hands on a PCB later on.

If you happen to know any good products, please let me know the model number.

Thank you.

2. jcsd
  3. Jan 26, 2016 #2

Averagesupernova

Science Advisor
    Gold Member

What is the application? Can you fashion an active circuit using an op-amp?

4. Jan 26, 2016 #3

meBigGuy

Gold Member

5. Jan 27, 2016 #4

rbelli1

Gold Member

If you need a specific part that you can't find a suitable through hole substitute then use the real deal on an adapter:
    http://www.capitaladvanced.com/products.htm

This is the brand I usually use but many others exist.

BoB

6. Jan 28, 2016 #5

Daz

Gold Member

BAT48 (DO-35 package) and BAT 85 (DO-34 package) are both through hole and have very similar characteristics to the part you mention. Plus, they're widely available from all the usual distributors.

7. Jan 31, 2016 #6

marcusl

Science Advisor
    Gold Member

1N5711 has nearly identical IV curve to BAT48

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook