LRZ for scalar QED

• I
  • Thread starter Silviu
  • Start date

Main Question or Discussion Point

Hello! Can someone direct me towards a reading where the Feynman rules for scalar QED are derived? Thank you!

Answers and Replies

Hello! Can someone direct me towards a reading where the Feynman rules for scalar QED are derived? Thank you!
For example, in "M. Schwartz, Quantum Field Theory and the Standard Model". The book has a whole chapter about scalar QED.

For example, in "M. Schwartz, Quantum Field Theory and the Standard Model". The book has a whole chapter about scalar QED.
Thank you! That is the book I am using actually and I am at that chapter, but in that book the rules are just listed, I would like a full derivation, the same way it is done in previous chapters for the ##\phi^3## interaction.

Orodruin
Staff Emeritus
Science Advisor
Homework Helper
Insights Author
Gold Member
Why don't you derive them yourself? It is a worthwhile exercise and a good opportunity to do it in a case where you have access to the correct result.

Why don't you derive them yourself? It is a worthwhile exercise and a good opportunity to do it in a case where you have access to the correct result.
I tried, but I am confused at certain steps. I would normally post here what I did so far and ask for help, but I am sure they are derived in some book already (also typing down everything would be quite time consuming as there are many indices).

Orodruin
Staff Emeritus
Science Advisor
Homework Helper
Insights Author
Gold Member
I would normally post here what I did so far and ask for help, but I am sure they are derived in some book already (also typing down everything would be quite time consuming as there are many indices).
Sorry, I do not buy this line of reasoning. To me it sounds as if someone posting in the homework forums would say "I would normally solve this problem, but it is difficult so instead I want you to give me the solution". I suggest you do exactly that, post what you have done so far and specify the steps where you are stuck.