LSD experiments and transforming into prehistoric reptiles

In summary, the conversation discusses the concept of the "holographic universe" and the experiences of individuals on hallucinogens. One specific example is a woman who believed she had transformed into a prehistoric reptile and accurately described certain aspects of its anatomy. The conversation also mentions regressions into different species and the idea of simultaneous incarnations. There is also mention of government LSD experiments and the movie "Altered States." The conversation concludes with a discussion of hallucinations and their subjective nature.
PIT2
Perhaps some of u have read this article about the 'holographic universe':

http://www.earthportals.com/hologram.html

I was always especially interested in this part of it:

In the 1950s, while conducting research into the beliefs of LSD as a psychotherapeutic tool, Grof had one female patient who suddenly became convinced she had assumed the identity of a female of a species of prehistoric reptile. During the course of her hallucination, she not only gave a richly detailed description of what it felt like to be encapsuled in such a form, but noted that the portion of the male of the species's anatomy was a patch of colored scales on the side of its head. What was startling to Grof was that although the woman had no prior knowledge about such things, a conversation with a zoologist later confirmed that in certain species of reptiles colored areas on the head do indeed play an important role as triggers of sexual arousal. The woman's experience was not unique. During the course of his research, Grof encountered examples of patients regressing and identifying with virtually every species on the evolutionary tree (research findings which helped influence the man-into-ape scene in the movie Altered States). Moreover, he found that such experiences frequently contained obscure zoological details which turned out to be accurate.

Regressions into the animal kingdom were not the only puzzling psychological phenomena Grof encountered. He also had patients who appeared to tap into some sort of collective or racial unconscious. Individuals with little or no education suddenly gave detailed descriptions of Zoroastrian funerary practices and scenes from Hindu mythology. In other categories of experience, individuals gave persuasive accounts of out-of-body journeys, of precognitive glimpses of the future, of regressions into apparent past-life incarnations.

Now of course it is well known that drugs can screw with ur mind. However i was wondering if anyone here has heard of these or similar experiments, and whether these 'transformations' into prehistoric reptiles have been explained in some way.

Last edited:
Physics news on Phys.org
Well I've read of loads of experiences of people on hallucinogens either seeing themselves as reptiles or seeing others as reptiles I've also read two accounts of people being raped by reptiles one who was on dmt the other who was under past life regression. It seems to be a pretty common theme, i also read about a hypnotherepist who used his own methods on himself and started to see people shift into reptiles during his day to day existence.

The best explanation I've heard is simultaneous incarnations, i.e. some people's souls exist both as a human and also in some other part of space time/parallel universe as humanoid reptiles. Iv heard about people being regressed and existing as these life forms, describing themselves hunting and eating mammals and feeling quite disgusted and shaken by the whole thing afterwards.
Basically the whole subject is very very weird and its just about insane sounding enough for most people to ignore or shake their head at. But I've heard too many people recount the same experience to put it down to the imagination running wild.

Make of that what you will I've got no hard evidence and i doubt anyone else has either, but a lot of people seem to be noticing the same phenomena, and its not the first time someones brougt it up.

Interesting :) Perhaps the incarnations-theory has some substance to it, alien abductees sometimes mention reptillian beings.

Also, wasnt there a period when the American government conducted secret LSD experiments on people? I vaguely remember reading something about that.

Id be very interested to hear what kind of results these had.

Watch the movie "Altered States". Guy does lots of drugs and regresses into a caveman.

Seeing lizard people must be a regional thing, cause I know lots of people who have done drugs, and no one here ever saw any lizard people. The ladies sisters boyfriends cousin probably owns two lizards. Hallucinations are always based on something you had already seen at some point in time. You can see your friend as a clown, or dog, or even a lizard. Hard to imagine what a hallucination is like until you have one. They can look and sound very convincing and real.

Sounds like Fear and Loathing in Las Vegas.

1. What is the purpose of LSD experiments that involve transforming into prehistoric reptiles?

The purpose of these experiments is to study the effects of LSD on the brain and its ability to alter perception and induce hallucinations. Transforming into prehistoric reptiles is used as a way to explore the concept of evolution and the possibility of tapping into ancient genetic memories.

2. Is it ethical to conduct LSD experiments on humans and potentially induce transformations into prehistoric reptiles?

This is a highly debated topic in the scientific community. While some argue that these experiments can provide valuable insights into the human mind and its potential, others argue that it is unethical to subject individuals to such intense and potentially harmful experiences without their full consent and understanding.

3. Have there been any successful transformations into prehistoric reptiles during LSD experiments?

There is no scientific evidence to support the claim that LSD can induce actual transformations into prehistoric reptiles. The perceived transformations are a result of the hallucinogenic effects of the drug on the brain's perception and are not based in reality.

4. Are there any potential long-term effects of participating in LSD experiments involving transforming into prehistoric reptiles?

There is limited research on the long-term effects of LSD experiments, and even less on the potential effects of transforming into prehistoric reptiles. However, it is generally believed that repeated use of LSD can lead to psychological dependence and potential negative effects on mental health.

5. What precautions are taken to ensure the safety of participants in LSD experiments involving transformations into prehistoric reptiles?

Before participating in any LSD experiment, individuals are thoroughly screened for mental health conditions and other risk factors. The experiments are also closely monitored by trained professionals to ensure the safety and well-being of participants. Additionally, participants are always given the option to withdraw from the experiment at any time.