Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Luboš Motl's reference frame down?

1. May 28, 2005 #1
    "Luboš Motl's reference frame" down?!

Lately, I have tried on several occasions to access Lubos' web log.. the operation timed out every time. Anybody knows what's up? "Not Even Wrong" makes no mention of anything wrong (Peter Woit would normally, I guess, be the first one to voice out any problem...). Or is it something to do with blogspot? "Preposterous Universe" is seemingly similarly "down"...
    Last edited: May 28, 2005
  2. jcsd
  3. May 28, 2005 #2

Science Advisor
    Gold Member
    2015 Award
    Dearly Missed

today I got Lubos blog no problem

all week I get Lubos no problem

the problem is with you

the reason you are having trouble may be that Lubos (maybe about a week ago, or 10 days?) adopted a new format to display formulas----something about "MIME TYPE"
    and your computer could be choking on the formulas
    you might have to install a little application in your computer to read Lubos formulas

my computer almost chokes, then it decides to ignore the new format messages and not bother with displaying the formulas. Then it burps and it goes ahead and displays the text

Lubos site is not down

a clueful person here will probably tell you how to remedy the trouble
    Last edited: May 28, 2005
  4. Dec 17, 2009 #3
    Re: "Luboš Motl's reference frame" down?!

It looks as if it's been hacked.

Do a Google on "Lubos Motl" and one of the return results is: "The Reference Frame: Hacked: Hadley CRU FOI2009 Files"
Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Have something to add?