Luboš Motl's reference frame down?

In summary, there have been recent issues with accessing Luboš Motl's blog, as well as other blogs like "Not Even Wrong" and "Preposterous Universe". However, some users have not experienced any problems and it may be due to the adoption of a new formula display format on Luboš' blog. It is possible that some users may need to install an application to properly view the formulas. There have also been reports of Luboš' blog being hacked.
nitin
"Luboš Motl's reference frame" down?!

Lately, I have tried on several occasions to access Lubos' web log.. the operation timed out every time. Anybody knows what's up? "Not Even Wrong" makes no mention of anything wrong (Peter Woit would normally, I guess, be the first one to voice out any problem...). Or is it something to do with blogspot? "Preposterous Universe" is seemingly similarly "down"...

Last edited:
Physics news on Phys.org
nitin said:
Lately, I have tried on several occasions so access Lubos' web log.. the operation timed out every time. Anybody knows what's up? "Not Even Wrong" makes no mention of anything wrong (Peter Woit would normally, I guess, be the first one to voice out any problem...). Or is it something to do with blogspot? "Preposterous Universe" is seemingly similarly "down"...

today I got Lubos blog no problem

all week I get Lubos no problem

the problem is with you

the reason you are having trouble may be that Lubos (maybe about a week ago, or 10 days?) adopted a new format to display formulas----something about "MIME TYPE"
and your computer could be choking on the formulas
you might have to install a little application in your computer to read Lubos formulas

my computer almost chokes, then it decides to ignore the new format messages and not bother with displaying the formulas. Then it burps and it goes ahead and displays the text

Lubos site is not down

a clueful person here will probably tell you how to remedy the trouble

Last edited:

It looks as if it's been hacked.

Do a Google on "Lubos Motl" and one of the return results is: "The Reference Frame: Hacked: Hadley CRU FOI2009 Files"

1. What is Luboš Motl's reference frame down?

Luboš Motl's reference frame down is a concept in theoretical physics proposed by Czech physicist Luboš Motl. It refers to a hypothetical situation in which the reference frame of an observer is moving towards a gravitational source, resulting in a shift in the observer's perception of time and space.

2. How does Luboš Motl's reference frame down affect our understanding of physics?

Luboš Motl's reference frame down challenges our conventional understanding of time and space, particularly in the context of gravitational fields. It suggests that the effects of gravity on time and space may be more complex than previously thought.

3. What evidence supports the existence of Luboš Motl's reference frame down?

Currently, there is no direct evidence for the existence of Luboš Motl's reference frame down. However, some physicists argue that it is a logical consequence of general relativity and could potentially be tested through experiments or observations in the future.

4. How does Luboš Motl's reference frame down relate to other theories in physics?

Luboš Motl's reference frame down is a theoretical concept within the framework of general relativity. It is often compared to other theories such as Einstein's theory of relativity and the concept of time dilation, as it also involves the effects of gravity on time and space.

5. What implications does Luboš Motl's reference frame down have for our understanding of the universe?

Luboš Motl's reference frame down challenges our current understanding of the universe, particularly in relation to gravity and the nature of time and space. It may lead to new insights and discoveries in the field of theoretical physics and cosmology.