Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Luck vs. wealth

1. Mar 3, 2004 #1

jimmy p

Gold Member

"sometimes a rainbow, baby, is better than a pile of gold"

song lyrics by the band Poison.

Would you rather be lucky or rich?

I personally would want to be lucky cos im sick of being unlucky. Money is not too much of a matter for me, ive been poor before. but at least now i am stable (but i live at home so at least i always have food and shelter) but times have been hard...luck all the way for me!

2. jcsd
  3. Mar 3, 2004 #2
    Luck, definitly. Its better to be in the right place at the right time so opportunities exist. Who knows, luck may lead to money.

4. Mar 3, 2004 #3

jimmy p

Gold Member

See i did think about it for a long time. Here are a few simple things i thought about.

Luck leads to money but if your rich you have it.

Luck means you find a real attractive great partner, wealth means that these people could come looking for you, and ONE of them may be right

Luck means you get into university, money means you get into university

the list could go on but i cant think straight at the moment, im multi-tasking and failing miserably

5. Mar 3, 2004 #4

Evo

Staff: Mentor

If I was lucky I'd be wealthy. :wink:

6. Mar 3, 2004 #5
    True dat, guess im not lucky :smile:

7. Mar 4, 2004 #6

jimmy p

Gold Member

ARGH mom, your not helping my thread expand, your mean!

8. Mar 4, 2004 #7
    ??

eh...?
    ?

9. Mar 4, 2004 #8

jimmy p

Gold Member

Evo is my PF mom. And she is not making my thread successful. I thought it would be but it isnt and it doesnt help when people give one sentence answers

10. Mar 4, 2004 #9

Tsu

Gold Member

She's not mean, Chopnik!! She's been VERY busy with work lately and probably only has TIME for one liners this week. She's your loving MOM, sweetie! Give her a break... :wink:

Besides, this topic just BEGS for one liners!

Like:

If it wasn't for BAD luck, I wouldn't have no luck at all.

or

If you have luck, you don't NEED wealth. Conversely, if you have wealth, you don't need LUCK!

But I don't buy into either of these. If someone is passing out wealth and luck, I'll take either one -- OR a little of both would be nice... :wink:

11. Mar 5, 2004 #10
    Luck is for amatuers. (sp?)

You Probably knew i was gonna say that though.

12. Mar 5, 2004 #11

Evo

Staff: Mentor

Forgive me son!!!!!!!

I would rather have luck. You can be wealthy, but with bad luck, you could lose it all, you could get sick, or hit by a truck.

So definitely luck.

And if I was lucky, I'd be wealthy.

Also, posts in the general forum have died off recently. :frown: I'm now being forced to post in the "real" forums where I have to actually think.

13. Mar 6, 2004 #12
    Luck does not exist. You make your own luck.
    Hence I would rather be rich.

14. Mar 6, 2004 #13

jimmy p

Gold Member

i tend to believe there is luck in things...well in my case.. bad luck, i have a huge tendency for things to go wrong which is why i wish i was lucky, cos money cant solve mistakes and f**k ups!

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Have something to add?