Lumped RLC size

• Thread starter Melon
  • Start date
Melon
Hi Guys
When I use lumped RLC in HFSS, I find that its size can influence the simulation result. How do I set the sheet size of lumped RLC? Make it square is better? Thanks.

Answers and Replies

Baluncore
Science Advisor
I do not use Ansys HFSS, but I would question the 2D? size of the Lumped RLC in wavelengths.

If you were using Lumped RLC to define a resistance, then size and the resultant resistance would change the termination and impedance matching.

Melon
I do not use Ansys HFSS, but I would question the 2D? size of the Lumped RLC in wavelengths.

If you were using Lumped RLC to define a resistance, then size and the resultant resistance would change the termination and impedance matching.
Yes, I set lumped RLC on 2D sheet in HFSS. And when its size changes, the result changes too. So I want to know how can I set a resistor/inductor/capacitor in HFSS without the influence of sheet size.

Baluncore
Science Advisor
So I want to know how can I set a resistor/inductor/capacitor in HFSS without the influence of sheet size.
I do not believe you can. Where the lump has properties specified per unit area, the component value will be dependent on the area. You will need to define the component shape and size as the area of the physical component to be used later in manufacture, and then give it the appropriate properties to get the value required.

Suggested for: Lumped RLC size

Replies
Views
  • Last Post
Replies
Views
  • Last Post
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies