Setting Sheet Size of Lumped RLC in HFSS

• Thread starter Melon
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Rlc
In summary, the conversation is about how the size of a lumped RLC in HFSS can affect simulation results and how to set a resistor/inductor/capacitor without being influenced by the sheet size. The speaker suggests defining the component shape and size and giving it appropriate properties to achieve the desired value.
Melon
Hi Guys
When I use lumped RLC in HFSS, I find that its size can influence the simulation result. How do I set the sheet size of lumped RLC? Make it square is better? Thanks.

Engineering news on Phys.org
I do not use Ansys HFSS, but I would question the 2D? size of the Lumped RLC in wavelengths.

If you were using Lumped RLC to define a resistance, then size and the resultant resistance would change the termination and impedance matching.

Baluncore said:
I do not use Ansys HFSS, but I would question the 2D? size of the Lumped RLC in wavelengths.

If you were using Lumped RLC to define a resistance, then size and the resultant resistance would change the termination and impedance matching.
Yes, I set lumped RLC on 2D sheet in HFSS. And when its size changes, the result changes too. So I want to know how can I set a resistor/inductor/capacitor in HFSS without the influence of sheet size.

Melon said:
So I want to know how can I set a resistor/inductor/capacitor in HFSS without the influence of sheet size.
I do not believe you can. Where the lump has properties specified per unit area, the component value will be dependent on the area. You will need to define the component shape and size as the area of the physical component to be used later in manufacture, and then give it the appropriate properties to get the value required.

1. How do I change the sheet size of a lumped RLC in HFSS?

To change the sheet size of a lumped RLC in HFSS, you can go to the "Project Manager" tab and select "Design Settings". From there, you can click on "Lumped RLC" and adjust the sheet size as desired.

2. What is the default sheet size for a lumped RLC in HFSS?

The default sheet size for a lumped RLC in HFSS is 1 mm x 1 mm. However, this can be changed to suit your specific needs.

3. Can I use a custom sheet size for a lumped RLC in HFSS?

Yes, you can use a custom sheet size for a lumped RLC in HFSS. Simply go to the "Project Manager" tab, select "Design Settings", and click on "Lumped RLC". From there, you can enter your desired sheet size in the "Sheet Size" field.

4. How does the sheet size affect the simulation results of a lumped RLC in HFSS?

The sheet size can affect the simulation results of a lumped RLC in HFSS in terms of accuracy and computational time. A smaller sheet size can provide more accurate results, but may also require more computational resources. Conversely, a larger sheet size may result in faster simulations, but with potentially less accuracy.

5. Can I change the sheet size during a simulation in HFSS?

No, you cannot change the sheet size during a simulation in HFSS. The sheet size must be set before running the simulation. If you need to change the sheet size, you will need to stop the current simulation and make the necessary adjustments before running it again.