Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

M*a*s*h

1. May 3, 2004 #1

jimmy p

Gold Member

Does anyone watch the MASH series??? It's really good. I was quite sad tonight because I have watched two episodes a night (even if they were repeats) and today I watched the series finale. Pretty moving stuff.

Anyway it is a quality series so if you have never seen it before, get watching. I think Hawkeye is great, I even base some of my humour on his and I have a tendency to wear my dressing gown all the time at home. I havent gone far enough to actually get a side parting like his but I'm getting the grey hairs sprouting around (unintentionally)...what a way to go, I'm sure I'll be silver by the time I'm 25!

2. jcsd
  3. May 3, 2004 #2
    I like the show. My step-dad likes it to.

So I'd watch it. Except I'm really afraid of encouraging my step-dad too much... He's exhibited enough stalker tendencies as it is and I don't want any more popping up.

cookiemonster

4. May 4, 2004 #3

Chi Meson

Science Advisor
    Homework Helper

There was a time during the early eighties, right after the show ended. that you could watch reruns of MASH practically non-stop starting at 3 in the afternoon. THis was before cable was everywhere. SOme MASH junkies had every episode memorized and would quiz each other with short lines like: "If you don't like our RAD-io, then get off our PAT-io." TO which the response was "FAT-io."

I guess I was one of those junkies.

Connection to physics: Alan Alda (Hawkeye) just recently played the part of Richard Feynman in the broadway production "QED." Evidently he was a perfect Feynmnan.

5. May 4, 2004 #4

jimmy p

Gold Member

Lol actually, reading one of Feynmann's books I can see that real well!!

6. May 5, 2004 #5
    I really like M*A*S*H, quality stuff. If only I could find new quality shows on tv...

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Have something to add?