1. Not finding help here? Sign up for a free 30min tutor trial with Chegg Tutors
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

M.E. ?s

1. Mar 31, 2007 #1
    im in my second year at college and i have just been taking math sci and eng clases to get them out of the way because i am undecided about what i want to do. I really like math and physics they have been my favorite classes so far. So i was thinking maybe majoring in mech eng. could some one who works in this feild tell me what a typical day of work is like for them how much i can expect to make with a BSME and if i will have difficulty finding a job. i dont want to get into a feild where i can not find a job well i suppose no one does so any info you guys can give me would be great

2. jcsd
  3. Apr 2, 2007 #2

CPP

that is a short question for a long answer. If this is any conciliation, I am a junior in M.E. and I know that engineers are in high demand now and in the future. I am looking to start at around $50,000 at an aerospace firm if I were to go there with a B.S. degree in ME from a recognized engineering college. It depends where one's interests are and that may or may not factor in to what money really means in a job. I could make a lot more ($70,000) if I went to work at an oil company I've heard from my professors. I like aircraft and I am willing to take that "drop" in pay to do something I like.

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Have something to add?