1. Not finding help here? Sign up for a free 30min tutor trial with Chegg Tutors
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Μ kenetic and Kinetic Friction

1. Oct 5, 2009 #1
    1. The problem statement, all variables and given/known data
    find the Kinetic Friction force in N and the μk
    Acceleration-.0145
    mass .1342kg

i need to solve many so can you solve this and show the formula

2. jcsd
  3. Oct 5, 2009 #2
    You're going to have to give more information than this. What is the scenario? Follow the template given when posting. Also, you're going to have to show an attempt. We do not just give answers.

4. Oct 5, 2009 #3
    there is not a lot more information it only gives me the acceleration and the mass of the the object across the flat surface. i tried the kinetic friction force but am not sure if i used the right formula and have no idea how to use the μk formula

5. Oct 5, 2009 #4
    Okay, in order to find the coefficient of kinetic friction you need to know the formula f=Fn*uk, where f is the friction force, Fn is the normal force, and uk is the coefficient of kinetic friction. When you write your net force equation (Fnet=ma) you will be able to substitute this equation in place of f and solve for uk.

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook