Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Mad Scientist Crap

1. Mar 3, 2006 #1

When I tried to get you to realize that scientist are taken for granted I have an article to show you what I mean.

In America not only are scientists taken with light attention that are also laughed at. No more have they made into dorkful geeks they think we're crazy.
  2. jcsd
  3. Mar 3, 2006 #2
    I don't understand what your problem is with that article. I think it's a very accurate article about what a 'mad scientist' is.
  4. Mar 3, 2006 #3
    I also think it's a good article. And, being a mad scientist myself, I'm not even offended. Buwahahahaha! :rofl: :devil: :rofl:

5. Mar 3, 2006 #4
    Scientists are insane. Haven't you seen the Disney thread?
  6. Mar 3, 2006 #5
    Hmm, I did not know that the Unabomber (Ted Kaczynski) was a pure mathematician :rofl:
  7. Mar 3, 2006 #6
    And don't forget therd killer champions...It was terrible that Franzbear created...
    You do realize Zz is a mod
  8. Mar 3, 2006 #7
    wOw :bugeye:
  9. Mar 3, 2006 #8
    ANd he was very against technology. SO against that he stayed in complex by himself and only typed on a typewriter.
  10. Mar 3, 2006 #9

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Gold Member

I accidentally let an evil cackle slip today in the lab, and now everyone knows I really am a mad scientist. :devil:
  11. Mar 3, 2006 #10

Math Is Hard

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Gold Member

I never doubted you. Did you rub your palms together and mutter,
    "Soon it will be mine, all mine, they'll see..."?
    I'll send you a teasing comb to add a madder, wilder allure to those smooth tresses.:rofl:
  12. Mar 3, 2006 #11

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Gold Member

Oh, never fear, it's winter here...static electricity is all it takes to get these tresses looking wild. :rofl:
  13. Mar 4, 2006 #12
    I didn't say the article was angering me. I meant it was about things that do. There are countless TV shows and movies with "Mad Scientests".
  14. Mar 4, 2006 #13
    There are, actually, yes. Most science fiction plots are about science gone awry, and most of those involve scientists who are trying to do something "unnatural". There has been a big shift away from "mad" scientists, though to Eisenhowerian Industrial-Military scientists who are coldly and frankly seeking more power in new and grotesque and illegal ways.
Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Have something to add?