Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Mad Scientist Crap

1. Mar 3, 2006 #1
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mad_scientist" [Broken]

When I tried to get you to realize that scientist are taken for granted I have an article to show you what I mean.

In America not only are scientists taken with light attention that are also laughed at. No more have they made into dorkful geeks they think we're crazy.

Last edited by a moderator: May 2, 2017
  2. jcsd
  3. Mar 3, 2006 #2
    I don't understand what your problem is with that article. I think it's a very accurate article about what a 'mad scientist' is.

4. Mar 3, 2006 #3
    I also think it's a good article. And, being a mad scientist myself, I'm not even offended. Buwahahahaha! :rofl: :devil: :rofl:

-Dan

Last edited by a moderator: May 2, 2017
  5. Mar 3, 2006 #4
    Scientists are insane. Haven't you seen the Disney thread?

6. Mar 3, 2006 #5
    Hmm, I did not know that the Unabomber (Ted Kaczynski) was a pure mathematician :rofl:

7. Mar 3, 2006 #6
    And don't forget therd killer champions...It was terrible that Franzbear created...
    You do realize Zz is a mod

8. Mar 3, 2006 #7
    wOw :bugeye:

9. Mar 3, 2006 #8
    ANd he was very against technology. SO against that he stayed in complex by himself and only typed on a typewriter.

10. Mar 3, 2006 #9

Moonbear

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Gold Member

I accidentally let an evil cackle slip today in the lab, and now everyone knows I really am a mad scientist. :devil:

11. Mar 3, 2006 #10

Math Is Hard

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Gold Member

I never doubted you. Did you rub your palms together and mutter,
    "Soon it will be mine, all mine, they'll see..."?
    I'll send you a teasing comb to add a madder, wilder allure to those smooth tresses.:rofl:

12. Mar 3, 2006 #11

Moonbear

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Gold Member

Oh, never fear, it's winter here...static electricity is all it takes to get these tresses looking wild. :rofl:

13. Mar 4, 2006 #12
    I didn't say the article was angering me. I meant it was about things that do. There are countless TV shows and movies with "Mad Scientests".

14. Mar 4, 2006 #13
    There are, actually, yes. Most science fiction plots are about science gone awry, and most of those involve scientists who are trying to do something "unnatural". There has been a big shift away from "mad" scientists, though to Eisenhowerian Industrial-Military scientists who are coldly and frankly seeking more power in new and grotesque and illegal ways.

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook