Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Aerospace Made a 2D fluid flow simulator

1. Feb 4, 2017 #1
    I've made a fluid flow simulator, for anyone interested in fluid dynamics.

The simulator models some basic flows which I learned on a 2nd year fluid dynamics course. It doesn't include viscosity, density or whatever else (hence for example the flow past a sphere in the simulator is a perfect flow without any turbulence at the back).

Anyone interested in it, feel free to have a look (download and run from RAR file) - https://github.com/Stuart88/Flow-sim/blob/master/Flow Sim.rar

Also - why no fluid dynamics section on this forum? Is it more of a niche subject than I realise? If the mods can think of a better place for this thread, please feel free to move it. :oldsmile:

Last edited: Feb 4, 2017
  2. jcsd
  3. Feb 4, 2017 #2

berkeman

Staff: Mentor

The video runs when I click on it, but all I see is the words and the rest is black...
    The Mechanical Engineering forum generally works well for fluid dynamics threads. Thread moved with an extended re-direct left in the General Physics forum :smile:

4. Feb 4, 2017 #3
    Yeah I noticed it was coming out dark too. Only solution is to change your screen brightness or try it on full screen. Alternatively skip to a later part of the video here there's a lot more going on. The program itself is perfectly vivid, so it must be due to the screen capture software I used. I'll have a look at making another recording with higher quality settings.

Update: New video is up, it seems to be a bit better.

Last edited: Feb 4, 2017
Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Have something to add?
Draft saved Draft deleted