Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Maglev help

1. Jan 28, 2008 #1
    i'm working on a multi-year project with my college's chapter of ASME and we're having a little difficulties finding the formulas that we need

i found the formula to determine the force in newtons being exerted by a magnetic field in newtons, but im having a lil difficulty with the formula. i can't seem to find the formula for the magnetic and electric field (im assuming that the formula that uses the 2 of them means it's for an electromagnetic field)

also, what formula would i need to determine the frequency of an electromagnetic wave, is it the same as the formula just plain old frequency?

2. jcsd
  3. Jan 30, 2008 #2
    anyone?
    an answer before tonight would be pretty helpful

4. Jan 30, 2008 #3

Danger

Gold Member

Welcome to PF, Samo.
    That's pretty short notice, particularly since our membership is spread over 24 time zones. I couldn't help with any math anyhow, but even if I could, it's 11:30 pm here and I have to work in the morning. There's something better looking than you waiting downstairs...

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Have something to add?