1. Not finding help here? Sign up for a free 30min tutor trial with Chegg Tutors
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Maglev help

1. Jan 28, 2008 #1
    i'm working on a multi-year project with my college's chapter of ASME and we're having a little difficulties finding the formulas that we need

i found the formula to determine the force in newtons being exerted by a magnetic field in newtons, but im having a lil difficulty with the formula. i can't seem to find the formula for the magnetic and electric field (im assuming that the formula that uses the 2 of them means it's for an electromagnetic field)

also, what formula would i need to determine the frequency of an electromagnetic wave, is it the same as the formula just plain old frequency?

2. jcsd
  3. Jan 30, 2008 #2
    anyone?
    an answer before tonight would be pretty helpful

4. Jan 30, 2008 #3

Danger

Gold Member

Welcome to PF, Samo.
    That's pretty short notice, particularly since our membership is spread over 24 time zones. I couldn't help with any math anyhow, but even if I could, it's 11:30 pm here and I have to work in the morning. There's something better looking than you waiting downstairs...

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Have something to add?