Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Maglev proto model

1. Jan 20, 2010 #1
    i wanted to do maglev proto model, can u pls suggest me how to do it.....

2. jcsd
  3. Jan 20, 2010 #2
    Re: maglev

Learning how electromagnets work would be your starting point.

4. Jan 20, 2010 #3

berkeman

Staff: Mentor

Welcome to the PF. Here's some intro reading on magnetic levitation, with links at the bottom to more info (like to info on maglev trains):

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Magnetic_levitation

5. Jan 20, 2010 #4

thanks mr.pf, i hav gone thro tis paper, and also i collected some related paper..... but i m confussed how to build the track, i want to build using electromagmetic concept... but how? pls give me the suggestion how to build it, what is the material required and its measurement........ i want built a proto model for my M.tech project

6. Jan 21, 2010 #5

Thanks sir, i m learning it and i hav gone thro it..... pls give some idea how to build the track using electro magnet, and i wanted to control the power supply needed for it thro system... i m doing my M.Tech 2nd year, and i wanted to do this project sir.. basicaly i m frm computer science branch.... so pls help me to do this project...

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook