B Magnet question

• Thread starter rtf
  • Start date

rtf

How would it be possible to fluctuate one magnet between two magnets?

Thanks

phinds

Science Advisor
Insights Author
Gold Member
That question is very unclear. Can you rephrase it? What exactly is it you want to do?

Mister T

Science Advisor
Gold Member
Did you give it a try?

rtf

That question is very unclear. Can you rephrase it? What exactly is it you want to do?
I want to have one set of magnets go up and down really fast between two other sets of magnets.

rtf

Last edited by a moderator:

phinds

Science Advisor
Insights Author
Gold Member
I want to have one set of magnets go up and down really fast between two other sets of magnets.
And what force are you going to use to make that happen?

Ibix

Science Advisor
Insights Author
...why? I mean, it's peculiarly specific. If you want a magnet to go up and down, that's easy enough (at least in principle) with an electromagnet driven by an alternating current. Some engineering may be required depending on how big the magnet is. Why do you demand magnets?

rtf

...why? I mean, it's peculiarly specific. If you want a magnet to go up and down, that's easy enough (at least in principle) with an electromagnet driven by an alternating current. Some engineering may be required depending on how big the magnet is. Why do you demand magnets?
I thought it would be interesting.

Ibix

Science Advisor
Insights Author
I thought it would be interesting.
Interesting or not, I don't see how it's possible to do with permanent magnets. If you use electromagnets, and probably some control electronics, then sure it's doable.

Vanadium 50

Staff Emeritus
Science Advisor
Education Advisor
Holy smokes, rtf, is it hard to squeeze information out of you. If you want help, you need to tell us what you need help with! Don't leave us to guess. Live a little - try writing two sentences in a reply rather than just one.

berkeman

Mentor
Yeah. @rtf -- We try our best to be helpful here at the PF, but so far you have given us so little to go on, it's not been possible.

So this thread is closed for now. Please start a private conversation with me (click on my Avatar and Start a Conversation), and send me drawings of what you are asking about. Also let me know why you are asking these questions -- what would you like to do?

Once I understand what you want to ask, I can help you with a follow-up post in this thread here and re-open it. Thank you. :smile:

Last edited: