Magnetic aircraft

• Thread starter sameev29
  • Start date
You don't understand how forces work.

If you have two magnets, attached to the craft attracting each other, one will pull the craft upwards and the other will pull downwards equally. The net result is no movement at all.

The first mistake you're making is thinking that you're the first one to come up with this idea - ignoring every other scientist / crackpot on the planet.
You then continue to ignore the fact that there is not one vehicle on the planet powered in this way - because it doesn't work.

Again, I ask you to grab your legs and pull upwards - can you fly? Jokes aside, this is exactly what you're proposing here.

Strange I never said anything about attraction,look at the picture carefully everything is about the force of repulsion.

Strange I never said anything about attraction,look at the picture carefully everything is about the force of repulsion.
Attraction or repulsion, it makes no difference.

sameev29, again please tell me if you can fly by grabbing your knees and pulling up?

Attraction or repulsion, it makes no difference.

sameev29, again please tell me if you can fly by grabbing your knees and pulling up?
Why not if there is enough lifting force below my legs.

Why not if there is enough lifting force below my legs.
Really? Give it a go. Does it not tell you something when there are no devices like this currently out there? Why there isn't one vehicle that works like this?

In your design, one magnet pushes down into the floor and the other pushes back upwards equally. If they weren't joined, the craft would lift (similar to how a maglev works) but becuase they are attached the forces cancel out. The net force is zero and the craft doesn't go anywhere.

This is a basic concept of mechanics given by Newtons third law. You need to learn this.

For movement you have to expel a mass away from you but once expelled you cannot catch it again otherwise anything you gained from expelling it is cancelled out.

russ_watters
Mentor
That's enough. This is silly.