Magnetic Field from quantized vector potential

In summary, to find the magnetic field in the case of quantized EnM fields, we need to use the formula \vec{\nabla} \times \vec{A}=\vec{B}. The vector potential \vec{A} can be calculated using the equation \vec{A}=\sum_{k,\lambda } e^{ikr}\sqrt{2\hbar / \omega_k}}\sqrt{\pi c^2/V}}(b_{\lambda,k} \hat{\epsilon}_{\lambda}(k)+b^{\dagger}_{\lambda,-k} \hat{\epsilon}_{\lambda}^{*}(-k)), where V is the quantized volume and the time dependence is in
vaibhavtewari

Homework Statement

Please help me find curl of A(vector potential) to find the magnetic field in the case of quantizes EnM fields.

Homework Equations

[tex]\vec{A}=\sum_{k,\lambda } e^{ikr}\sqrt{2\hbar / \omega_k}}\sqrt{\pi c^2/V}}(b_{\lambda,k} \hat{\epsilon}_{\lambda}(k)+b^{\dagger}_{\lambda,-k} \hat{\epsilon}_{\lambda}^{*}(-k))[/tex]

V is the volume which is quantized. Time dependence is in the [tex]b, b^{\dagger}[/tex] itself.

Please let me know

Physics news on Phys.org
if any additional information is required. The Attempt at a SolutionI think I need to use the formula \vec{\nabla} \times \vec{A}=\vec{B}. \vec{B}=\sum_{k,\lambda } e^{ikr}\sqrt{2\hbar / \omega_k}}\sqrt{\pi c^2/V}}(b_{\lambda,k} \hat{\epsilon}_{\lambda}(k)+b^{\dagger}_{\lambda,-k} \hat{\epsilon}_{\lambda}^{*}(-k)) Then using the properties of curl and vector potential, I can calculate the curl of A. \vec{\nabla} \times \vec{A}= (\hat{i}\frac{\partial A_z}{\partial y}-\hat{j}\frac{\partial A_y}{\partial z}+\hat{k}\frac{\partial A_x}{\partial y}-\hat{k}\frac{\partial A_y}{\partial x}+\hat{i}\frac{\partial A_z}{\partial x}-\hat{j}\frac{\partial A_x}{\partial z})Can someone please help me in proceeding further?

1. What is a magnetic field from quantized vector potential?

A magnetic field from quantized vector potential is a type of magnetic field that is generated by the quantized vector potential, which is a mathematical concept used to describe the magnetic vector potential in quantum mechanics.

2. How is a magnetic field from quantized vector potential different from a regular magnetic field?

A magnetic field from quantized vector potential differs from a regular magnetic field in that it is described by the quantized vector potential instead of the magnetic vector potential. This means that it takes into account the quantum nature of particles and their interactions.

3. What is the significance of understanding magnetic fields from quantized vector potential?

Understanding magnetic fields from quantized vector potential is important in quantum mechanics as it helps to accurately describe the behavior of particles at the quantum level. It also has practical applications in areas such as quantum computing and particle physics.

4. How is a magnetic field from quantized vector potential calculated?

A magnetic field from quantized vector potential is calculated using the equations of quantum mechanics, specifically the Schrödinger equation. This takes into account the properties of particles, such as their spin and charge, and their interactions with the quantized vector potential.

5. What are some real-life examples of magnetic fields from quantized vector potential?

Some real-life examples of magnetic fields from quantized vector potential include the magnetic fields produced by charged particles in accelerators and the magnetic fields in superconducting materials. It also plays a role in the behavior of electrons in atoms and molecules.